J Tube

Nothing to it!! Easy! Good Luck!
Barb

I hope so I took 7 days, to evaluate my protein intake, water and vomiting. I made protein every day. Tuesday sucked for water I think I was a bit dehydrated. My mouth was pasty and lips white. I was at the hospital all day with my friend's mom she had RNY. I only vomited once accidentally drank tea with so much sugar it instantly came back up. Plus today is 3 months since surgery

Charris
When I had my feeding tube with my revision in 2010 it was in for 5 months. The way Dr Bernsten puts it in is a lot different from Dr.K. She used a different j-tube to.
It was much better and never gave me any real pain. Dr. K puts some serious stitches in that hurt and burn real bad. If you are not ready yet and it is not bothering you I would keep it in.
Barb

Charris you really will feel better when you get it out. I just don't want you to and then regret it. You have a lot of shit going on so only you can decide if the time is right.
Barb

Charris
When I had my feeding tube with my revision in 2010 it was in for 5 months. The way Dr Bernsten puts it in is a lot different from Dr.K. She used a different j-tube to.
It was much better and never gave me any real pain. Dr. K puts some serious stitches in that hurt and burn real bad. If you are not ready yet and it is not bothering you I would keep it in.
Barb

Im scared to let it go. But feel like I should let it go before the baby gets here. Ugggh

The baby? Hang on... I know there's a lot going on but isn't it important to base this decision on hydration and protein intake? The rest of your considerations are a different issue.

If you can get nutrition in and it's not coming back out, you're ready to jettison the tube. If you're healed enough now (yay btw), it's time to get your boundaries and self-care and busy life stuff into some kind of manageable routine that puts you first!!

Latest posts

Back