j tube is Gone

No not that I know of it will close on its own in the next week or so. If i want to get in water, submerge wise, i just need to cover it with a water proof dressing. Just like the two drains did when he took them out the day I got out the hospital. I just need to keep a clean sterile dressing on it till it does close. Yippie yippee yippee

No not that I know of it will close on its own in the next week or so. If i want to get in water, submerge wise, i just need to cover it with a water proof dressing. Just like the two drains did when he took them out the day I got out the hospital. I just need to keep a clean sterile dressing on it till it does close. Yippie yippee yippee
I would double check on that, sounds like an infection waiting to happen. I didn't have a j tube, but I couldn't take a bath or swim until my incisions were really closed.

Yay for progress! I think that Lauren is right about the bath. For me, it took a little while for the opening to close up. Couple of weeks. It's still heavenly not to have to walk around and feel that thing. :) Here's to being free of the dangling nuisance!

I would double check on that, sounds like an infection waiting to happen. I didn't have a j tube, but I couldn't take a bath or swim until my incisions were really closed.

I actually already asked dr K. As long as I use the water proof Tegram patches over it I can get in water. It was the same when I had the tube but the patches are so darn expensive that I used them sparingly. They do not let any water in or out when applied correctly.

Never had one. How does the hole inside in the intestine close up and not leak when you pull it?

I have no idea I was wondering that also but not one drop of anything has come out the hole once i cut and let the water out. When he took my bulbs out they poured out fluid for days after they were pulled until they healed. I was surprised I had all my gauze and everything ready for the out pouring. But nothing after the water squirted out of the cut line.

Yay for progress! I think that Lauren is right about the bath. For me, it took a little while for the opening to close up. Couple of weeks. It's still heavenly not to have to walk around and feel that thing. :) Here's to being free of the dangling nuisance!

I had decided that I was going to keep it and before I could articulate that my X had cut the tube. LOL Then it just dangled from my stomach. He was like pull it, I was like Im not going to pull it You pull it. So after this went on for about 3 minutes he pulled it out. LOL Too funny then I told my daughter Im scared not to have my tube. She was like why mom its not like you had it all your life? I think I was more scared of how it was going to feel coming out even though I knew it shouldnt hurt. I saw the video of when Dr. K pulled Girlrocker's out and she didnt even know it was out.

When mine was pulled before I left the hospital, mine hurt like a MF coming out...it was like :omg: that HURT!!!

Well thank goodness that I didnt know that. A year later at my 1 year check up Dr. K would have been like " You still got that tube"? LOL

When he pulled my bulbs out in the hospital that hurt and I had a few choice words to say. LOL I woke up to him standing over me pulling the first bulb out.

Well thank goodness that I didnt know that. A year later at my 1 year check up Dr. K would have been like " You still got that tube"? LOL

When he pulled my bulbs out in the hospital that hurt and I had a few choice words to say. LOL I woke up to him standing over me pulling the first bulb out.
That's why I didn't post before you got yours out. :)

Is the Jtube and the Feeding tube the same thing? My Drains hurt like hell the Feeding tube was easy peasy. In fact when I was bitching to Dr. K about wanting it out he told me to go to the bathroom with a pair of scissors (I was at work) and he would talk me through it. Crazy man. I went to my PCP. Turns out I could have totally done it.

Is the Jtube and the Feeding tube the same thing? My Drains hurt like hell the Feeding tube was easy peasy. In fact when I was bitching to Dr. K about wanting it out he told me to go to the bathroom with a pair of scissors (I was at work) and he would talk me through it. Crazy man. I went to my PCP. Turns out I could have totally done it.

Yes the feeding tube and the j tube are the same. You and your story was the only reason I didnt go to the doctor because you said you wasted a copay and could have did it yourself..

Latest posts

Back