It's Official

Dammit I'll just be missing you as we drive through LA on the way back from this trip.
I saw your photos of your daughter and new Son In Law on the beach. Congratulations to all!

We will meet up one of these days and when I am finally fully healthy, well as much a 51 year old who abused his body can be. :D

Scott, I'm hopeful that this will resolve a lot of your gut issues and let you lead a happier, healthier, well rested life. If you have redundant colon (more common than you might think), you should still have plenty left when Dr. K finishes. And the job prospect sounds good too!
Keep us posted (I know you will).
Yeah, the redundant colon is definitely more common than we think. In most cases people have it and don't have any issues. With me having IBS type symptoms for serveral years before the DS and then all the surgeries and Vovulus it has definitely contributed to my gut issues. Thanks for the well wishes and I was thinking what you said, that Dr K should be able to leave plenty of colon for me and I also think it should "straighten out" my colon making things flow better.

I hate that you have to endure another surgery, and hope this is the one. No experience with redundent colon, but adhesions made my life so hellish that I have great hope when I hear anyone is having some removed, because the relief was immediate (at least when the post op pain fades). Whatever you and Dr K come up with, will be the right choice.
Thank you Bear Mama! My thoughts are exactly what you just said. I am really quite hopeful that I will get immediate and continued relief.

well Scott I hope this finally gives you relief.. I'm gonna call and see if I can get scheduled for surgery 2nd through the 4th week in November.

Boy Scott you just can't get a breather
Thanks Clarissa. I am sorry to hear you need another surgery too. Hernia? Scar tissue? Whatever it is hopefully Ara can get it fixed for you. You have been through too damn much!

I hate that you are having another surgery, and I really hope this surgery really gives you some relief, Scott. I stayed in Burbank on my last visit and really enjoyed the area as well. I hate driving in LA! On my last visit to Dr. K., I used Lyft and it very convenient and much more enjoyable not to drive.
Thanks Hon. We absolutely love the Spring Hill Suites in Burbank, which in case people are thinking, really??? The new Spring Hill Suites are night and day different from their older hotels. The rooms are more akin to a really nice Marriott suite than a moderate type hotel. We also love that downtown Burbank area because we are literally 3 blocks from a bunch of good restaurants and 2 different movie theaters. That are is also convenient to both Verdugo Hills and Huntington, about a 15 minute drive if things aren't absolutely at a stand still. My wife is not fond of LA driving either but these are both easy to get too and downtown Burbank and Springhill Suites are in a very safe area where I feel very comfortable with Dianna having to be on her own.

I just wish I could stop making her use her vacation time for my medical needs. Between Cameron and me we have pretty much used up all her vacation time since 2011. We haven't been on anything other than maybe a 3 day weekend vacation since 2011 when we went Italy on Cameron's Make A Wish trip. I owe her several nice vacations and so much more for what she has endured and complained about rarely. I am very, very, very lucky to have here. She is one of the nicest people you would ever meet and so many people don't comprehend just how much she has endured and how strong she has been for us. It is totally unfair what we have put her through..

Latest posts

Back