Is this DS working??

Terri

I am on puréed diet for 4 weeks. I think I can eat too much at 1 time and eat too many times a day. I can eat almost 2 soft eggs at a sitting or a whole cheese stick. I can eat like every 2-3 hours.

My stomach is only 3 oz

I am on puréed diet for 4 weeks. I think I can eat too much at 1 time and eat too many times a day. I can eat almost 2 soft eggs at a sitting or a whole cheese stick. I can eat like every 2-3 hours.

My stomach is only 3 oz

I envy you. I'm having real trouble eating/drinking almost anything (5 1/2 weeks post op). Just think we all heal at different rates. I think the key is how your weight loss is going. You have 12-15 months as a sweet spot for weight loss, though of course you can lose your entire life with concentrated effort. But those 15 months are your best chance for significant weight loss. Sounds to me that you are doing great! Certainly not seeing any crazy caloric intake from what your eating, just good healthy food consumption. Keep going Terri!

Don't worry, you are doing great! I am so amazed at what I can eat! I am just 5 months out and can put away the groceries!! I am loosing about 2 pounds a week though so, it's all good!

You are going to continue to thrive, just do what you need to do!

My stomach is only 3 oz
We can set a clock by my every-two-hours craving for protein. So, let's do your math and assume that you sleep 6-8 hours a day...

24hrs - sleep time = about 17 hours of food time

17 hours / every 2.5 hours = about 7 feedings per day

Two eggs, cheese = + or - 250 calories (we're combining two feedings here)...
And again
And again and even again...
Equals a whopping 1000 calories per day...and you don't even absorb all of that!

If you are MO, you probably need 3000 a day just to maintain that weight and you are shorting yourself a good 2000 calories per day...times seven days...equals 14,000 calories per week...divided by 3500 calories per pound...so...

...my guess is that you are losing a good four pounds a week right now!

And your concern was...?

:p

We can set a clock by my every-two-hours craving for protein. So, let's do your math and assume that you sleep 6-8 hours a day...

24hrs - sleep time = about 17 hours of food time

17 hours / every 2.5 hours = about 7 feedings per day

Two eggs, cheese = + or - 250 calories (we're combining two feedings here)...
And again
And again and even again...
Equals a whopping 1000 calories per day...and you don't even absorb all of that!

If you are MO, you probably need 3000 a day just to maintain that weight and you are shorting yourself a good 2000 calories per day...times seven days...equals 14,000 calories per week...divided by 3500 calories per pound...so...

...my guess is that you are losing a good four pounds a week right now!

And your concern was...?

:p
LOL I guess my concern was if I am eating like this at just a week out I will be eating truckloads of food in a few weeks, I dunno. I just see where others are struggling like @Will2014 to get food and liquids in at a month or so and figured mine must not work.

I have no idea if I am losing anything 1) because I haven't worn real clothes, still wearing nightgowns. 2) I don't own a scale. Never have, probably never will.

LOL I guess my concern was if I am eating like this at just a week out I will be eating truckloads of food in a few weeks, I dunno. I just see where others are struggling like @Will2014 to get food and liquids in at a month or so and figured mine must not work.

I have no idea if I am losing anything 1) because I haven't worn real clothes, still wearing nightgowns. 2) I don't own a scale. Never have, probably never will.
Well, once you get back into regular clothes OR have a doctor's appt, I suspect you will see that you are losing.
Right now, your sleeve, while swollen, may not be very accurate at telling you to STOP. And how long is a "sitting"? For some it may be 10-15 mins, others it may be an hour or more.

You will also really notice the restriction more when you eat more dense, less "liquidy" foods. Yogurt, protein drinks, pureed stuff moves through your sleeve at a faster rate than does solid food like steak or chicken. I too went through this and freaked out. Went to post-op class and there were folks who couldn't get down 8 oz of isopure in x amount of time, while I downed a bottle in 15 minutes or so. Scared myself poopless. MD said to chill, blah blah blah. sure enough, when I moved to solid foods (even soft solid food), really felt restriction. and fast.

Like OP's said, you are doing great! Enjoy the time for relaxing and taking care of you.

So last week I was able to eat 2 poached eggs at a sitting and felt fine. This week I have had a couple times I couldn't even finish 1. Also it feels like stuff (poached egg/cheese stick eaten at different times today ) is just sitting at the base of my esophagus, on top of the stomach (kind of right behind the end of my breast bone). Doesn't hurt, a bit uncomfortable. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have ideas on causes.

I could only eat up to six bites of anything for four months so I ate every hour or so. Later I found that I could eat more some days than others and that still is true for me. Right now you are doing great. Later just be sure to eat the right foods. Best wishes!

So last week I was able to eat 2 poached eggs at a sitting and felt fine. This week I have had a couple times I couldn't even finish 1. Also it feels like stuff (poached egg/cheese stick eaten at different times today ) is just sitting at the base of my esophagus, on top of the stomach (kind of right behind the end of my breast bone). Doesn't hurt, a bit uncomfortable. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have ideas on causes.

So swing those critters please. There is a bottleneck per se in the stomach so the surgeon is going in tomorrow to have it stretched. I hope this helps not able to get much in the past week.

Latest posts

Back