Is this an emergency? (poop)

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
Sooooo, I just had my first accident :( Never even came close before, but this time I moved a muscle and boom.

Now, since I had to change clothes, I got a good look. Sorry for TMI.....but it was black with mucus in it. Seriously gross, I know.

Does this mean I am bleeding internally?

It was black dark greenish....like blended canned spinach with boogers added in. I know it's disgusting and Im so sorry but Im freaking out a little!!!!

Awaiting a GP visit to assess. If I need to go to A & E I will be packing my ass back to London as no one around here even knows what a DS is! I could hear the DR on the phone googling it! lol. Oye Vey. I've calmed down and quit crying now though. No other instances really except going to the loo to fart.

Last edited:
I don't know what it would be called there but Pepto Bismol can turn your poop black...I think it's got something called bismark or something like that.

ok just seen a GP. All is well. I have had normal poo since scary black episode and he said that was a good sign. Add to that that I have no pain, fever or anything else. Was told if it becomes a recurrent issue I will need scans but for now it seems like a one off. Thanks for your advice and help :)

scary - glad to hear it's looked better now.

did they want a sample?
not at this point no. It was a single episode thus far so nothing to take sample from. Will discuss with team at my next appointment on the 20th. :)

and it was very scary!!! Feel like a damn drama queen now lol but because I had the bleed after OP I kinda freaked a bit....ok...a lot a bit!

What iron are you taking? Iron supplements can turn it black/green and hard...though not always. More than one black turd without iron interference and I'd be off to Kings for a scope.

Iron can make poop dark blackish green. I know this is gross but if it's the iron it's not a bleed. It just means you took so much iron that your body can't absorb it all and that's common.

Latest posts

Back