I think I have food poisoning

I have no suggestions but when I get hot/cold sweats, get clammy, and weak I end up at the ER! Once was dehydration the other was 6 blood clots 6 weeks after a hernia surgery. They both made me so weak I went straight to the floor. Then I had a nice ride in an ambulance. I sure hope you’re feeling better!

gah, Barb, that's awful. I felt really faint at one point (on the toilet, too) and was thinking I am going to die, I will fall off this toilet and hit my head and who will take care of my dogs.

the self pity came in waves like the sweat. :sick:

but this morning? drinking coffee!!! :morning:

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Did you have food poisoning or the flu? I know the feeling about the fall off the toilet. That is what happened when the blood clots happened. I managed to get my pants up and called for my son in the next room. He was trying to get me back to the bedroom when I went down and out. Luckily he eased me down to the floor and called 911. I ended up in ICU for three days.

It is one of the reasons I can't rant about our 43 year old son living with us. I probably wouldn't be here if he didn't.

I guess we won't ever know which it was - others at work had the same thing, though.

glad your son was there Barb, the older I get the more afraid I am of living alone.

Glad you're on the mend, Jax! <3 And I think the T in BRAT is for Toast? At least, that's what I was taught. So more carbs... lol. Hope you're 100% soon!

Omg I'm so glad that the worst of it is over for you. My stomach hurts just thinking about what you went through

Really Jackie I am so happy it wasn't anything more serious that might have landed you in the hospital. I also hope with all my heart that you find someone in your life that deserves you! Take care!

@more2adore is correct: The BRAT diet is a bland-food diet that is often recommended for adults and children. BRAT stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. The BRAT diet can help you recover from an upset stomach or diarrhea for the following reasons: It includes “binding” foods.

thanks to everyone for their good wishes, I had regular (meaning strong) coffee today and a hamburger so I am calling it 100% well, whoopee!

and I thought the T in BRAT was for Tea, oh well.

the very first thing I was able to eat was a bit of plain white rice with nothing but salt on it. weirdly? it tasted wonderful.

Ugh, it looks like I'm late to the party. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I don't have kids, and get the fear of living alone when I'm older too. My husband is younger so I won't be alone for a while, but his family the men barely make it into their 60s, and my family the women usually live to 100.

I've always looked at alternative communities, and seen some in Europe for aging and Alzheimers. If I can't find something that I think looks tolerable in the next 10-15 years, I intend to plan one. And mine will have excellent coffee. Hit me up when we are older and I'll give you the secret password to my old person party property.

OK

how much older?
I think you are asking somewhat tongue in cheek, but I'm actually looking at possibilities now. I just turned 50, so am not looking to move into something yet, but AM looking for a better future alternative to that what I currently see. I feel like I need to find it soon or figure it out because I'm worried I'm going to have to create it, or invest for it to become a reality here.

I'm always looking for interesting ideas, and have seen a few out of Europe, but think possibly a small community with some individual and shared duties - costs - areas might be cool. I'm certain there is no easy and economical way or it would be more common. I like the idea of miniature houses with a shared community area with a great kitchen with space to hang out or reading nooks and raised garden beds.

I was somewhat bummed recently as we have a property adjacent to national park that is a popular recreational area that we thought we would start this process on, and rent the mini houses to park visitors for now, and morph it into our community as we added community buildings or got things figured out, but the neighbors (the others are on 20 acre lots, so no one is close enough I'd consider them a "neighbor") had a problem with tiny houses, so initiated covenants to prevent them.

This is probably the general direction I will go with this, but now I have to find another property.

Latest posts

Back