I think I have come to the realization that I need a revision

I have a Toto Washlet. Exactly everything Bearmom said. Oscillating wand with warm water cleans completed every time, and I use paper to pat dry.

I'm looking to buy one for the RV too.

The bidets I have used in hotels and Europe were like a little basin you sat over, and filled like a sink, so you'd have to use a hand to actually wash the nether bits.

The ones I've seen sold in the US and used here (bought several different ones from Costco) fit onto the existing toilet rather than being a stand alone fixture, and in my opinion are so much better. They replace the seat, all water goes into the toilet so no little basin to empty back out. they have a nozzle that comes out in the back preferably with warm water, which can oscillate, and be adjusted for pressure. It's a hands free operation for me, and I don't usually need soap, but have used it on occasion. It was easily washed off with the sprayer. I was worried my poop was too sticky or soft (sorry if TMI) and used to wipe with TP afterward, just to make sure the job was done. Squeaky clean, every single time. I do still usually use TP but actually just to dry, because the heated air drying feature takes too long.

Is it too much to say that these butt washers are life changing? Because it's been life changing.
ha!...the sticky pasty stuff is exactly what I was talking about.

I might try it at some point..thanks

Poor child! I can't imagine how you or he feels. When my sickly son would get sick id feel so helpless. Hopefully everything will resolve soon now that Dr. K has stepped in.

Poor child! I can't imagine how you or he feels. When my sickly son would get sick id feel so helpless. Hopefully everything will resolve soon now that Dr. K has stepped in.
Thanks Clementine. It has been a rough almost 5 years now, and the last 2 have really been hard...but hopefully it will be behind him and us soon.

I have a Toto Washlet. Exactly everything Bearmom said. Oscillating wand with warm water cleans completed every time, and I use paper to pat dry.

I'm looking to buy one for the RV too.
I'm going to invest in one very soon too Diana. Tried one at the airport In Nagoya, Japan and it was fantastic! And with our "special" bathroom issues and the fact that we tend to have much more frequent BM's...it just makes perfect sense that we DS'ers pamper ourselves with such an item. I've read they pretty much eliminate hemorrhoid problems, or at the very least greatly reduce them. I think you and Bearmom are on to something good here! Now, if we could just get a link added to our lil site here with a nice discount offered on the price.... :sm shades:

Hi hon!

BTW, my wife is really an incredibly strong lady who has put up with wayyyyyyyyy tooooooo much shit from Cameron and me. Thanks for your compliment to her....she deserves it.

I am pretty sure surgery on the ole butt is going to have to happen for me, but I too get the acidic poop even with the Welchol and it scares me to have it done before I am off the Creon and welchol. As you say, who knows if it can cause a fissure but I know it certainly aggravates the situation.

Okay on the bidet....I have been in hotels with bidets and I have to admit, I don't get them. How does it clean the poop off effectively without some soap? Not to be gross but mine can be pasty sometimes and I can't imagine plain old water cleaning it well enough.

Thanks
Scott I used the warm water kind in Nagoya, Japan and it was literally an amazing experience! It would REALLY benefit you. The difference between the old fashioned stationary bidets and the new ones, is that the new have a moving arm that sprays warm water in a gently yet forceful way which is designed to remove all the poop without need to wipe at all. Now, I think I will always wipe...if for no reason other than to dry off, but they really clean thoroughly. There's a boy+girl setting, temperature controls, and even a way to adjust the tracking for different sized/ shaped folks. They supposedly eliminate completely hemorrhoids and would be enormously helpful for fissures I'm sure as well. They are spraying clean water by the way...not toilet water. They are hooked to your water supply. I'm thinking this is an item that all DS'ers would benefit from, because of our increased BM frequency and the wear and tear this causes to our nether regions. Amazon sells them, as I'm sure does your local plumber. They can range from several hundred to many thousands of dollars, but I'd guess a solid and safe one would cost at least $1200 or so installed.
:bathroom knocker:

Scott, I bought and installed a really cool handheld bidet and it rocks. It can be fairly high pressure depending how far you depress the pressure sensitive trigger and it is temperature controlled warm water. I can knock those “Kling-ons” of quicker than the starship enterprise! It cleans really well and you can leave it there for as long as you want and get the job done thoroughly. I hate not having one at work etc and have gotten really used using it and to the extra cleanliness it provides, and then a good dry wipe of course.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to put my Christmas list out early for the kids so they can get their quarters and dollars together and get mommy a professional azz cleaner. After them seeing all the hemorrhoids and the fissure from when I was in the hospital I'm sure they would love to donate to the cause. I'm willing to try anything to keep my back end from being cut into.

Scott, I bought and installed a really cool handheld bidet and it rocks. It can be fairly high pressure depending how far you depress the pressure sensitive trigger and it is temperature controlled warm water. I can knock those “Kling-ons” of quicker than the starship enterprise! It cleans really well and you can leave it there for as long as you want and get the job done thoroughly. I hate not having one at work etc and have gotten really used using it and to the extra cleanliness it provides, and then a good dry wipe of course.
Can you put a link/name of what you got? I'm wondering if this would help me out too, once my fissure Frank gets repaired. I never want to deal with this again. AGONY

gotta be honest the bidet concept does not appeal to me at all. I don't want water flying everywhere and frankly toilet paper doesn't bother/irritate me. Maybe because my issues are inside and not protruding?

Well between yesterday morning and this morning I lost 6 pounds. I had creeper up a pound to 183 but this morning I was 177.:(

Well between yesterday morning and this morning I lost 6 pounds. I had creeper up a pound to 183 but this morning I was 177.:(
Damn Scott I'm sorry still having problems maintaining weight. I have seemed to at least stopped losing and now weigh 183 lbs. I'm wondering if any here have had their CC's lengthened for excessive weight loss or other problems related to malabsorption ? I know for me if I ever had something done surgically I would not go half way, I'd go for 175 cm at least. Imagine having another surgery and it STILL not solving your problem? I'd much rather be at risk to be 25 lbs over my goal than under any day. Does it lesson symptoms....such as diarrhea after lots of fatty foods , trouble maintaining vitamin levels, etc.? I do know you WILL find a solution man....it's going to work out for you. Just a pain in the keister until it does!
:ahhhhhhh:

Damn Scott I'm sorry still having problems maintaining weight. I have seemed to at least stopped losing and now weigh 183 lbs. I'm wondering if any here have had their CC's lengthened for excessive weight loss or other problems related to malabsorption ? I know for me if I ever had something done surgically I would not go half way, I'd go for 175 cm at least. Imagine having another surgery and it STILL not solving your problem? I'd much rather be at risk to be 25 lbs over my goal than under any day. Does it lesson symptoms....such as diarrhea after lots of fatty foods , trouble maintaining vitamin levels, etc.? I do know you WILL find a solution man....it's going to work out for you. Just a pain in the keister until it does!
:ahhhhhhh:
I understand what you are saying Will but if you read my post regarding CC and AL lengths you will see that one of, if not best DS revision surgeons in the world says that it is crucial that get my entire small bowel measured and then have my limbs adjusted based off the length of my small bowel. That means that it is very possible that both the CC and AL need to be adjusted... Yes even the AL may need lengthened based on that measurement.

Thanks for positive thoughts...much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back