I think I have come to the realization that I need a revision

Maybe wth his new GI anatomy he isn't absorbing his anti-seizure meds as well as before. Did they check a blood level?

Maybe wth his new GI anatomy he isn't absorbing his anti-seizure meds as well as before. Did they check a blood level?
The ER Dr said they didn't check keppra levels in the er. Assuming they will check at the epilepsy center.

Check also to see if he's on the regular or the extended release form. Even though he doesn't have a DS, he still could have somewhat faster transit time of the meds, esp if they are extended release.

Check also to see if he's on the regular or the extended release form. Even though he doesn't have a DS, he still could have somewhat faster transit time of the meds, esp if they are extended release.
I am pretty sure it is regular release as he takes 1,000 me twice daily. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi Scott, I am sorry to hear about Cameron having seizures. Is he your son? I am also reading about that you want to have revision surgery. Who is this doctor that I need to avoid for surgery? Also what is Creon?

Hi Nancy -

Cameron is my 21year old son who in the the last five years has had:
-Hodgkin Lymphoma
-Pulmonary Embolism from clot forming in central line
-POTS
-chronic back pain since Lymohoma
-GERD that was refluxing 65 times an hour
-Nissen Funfoplication for gerd
-Failed Nissen redo and hiatal hernia repair
- Gastroparesis from vague nerve cut during repair.. Surgeon didn't tell us he cut it 2 years ago and we just found out in March that he had gasttoparesis severe, because of it
-surgucal repair to fix Nissen and hernia, rny limb and drain to cure gasttoparesis, ventral hernia repair and a meckels divitruculum was found and removed (all Dr k this June 2)
-.emergency appendectomy 2.weeks before Dr k
- severe depression and suicidal last 2.years because of the horrible symptoms from the surgeon effing him up
- pulled off plane unconscious and seizing at lax on Feb 14..in ICU for several days on tube having hundreds of seizures
- 12 total surgeries in 5 years

My ds surgeon is a Great surgeon, in fact director if trauma for OSF St Francis (level 1) trauma center in Peoria. He does standard 100 cm common channel like many ds surgeons. 2 good friends had a ds with him just fine absorption. My ds was a big success and I may need the CT channel lengthened but my surgeon didn't screw anythung up and I would recommend him to anyone considering ds... Just ask him to do Hess method.

CREON is a pancreatic enzyme that aids absorption. You take with food

Thanks for the post
-

Sorry to hear about Cameron's seizure just as things seemed to be on the upswing. Hope they figure it out soon and your family can start breathing easier. I can only imagine the stress.
:hugs:
Thanks Pam.

WTF
WTF
WTF!
Great idea about the seizure meds level - that boy can't get a break.
Scott, hugs to you and your family. I am so sorry this saga continues.

Not a day goes by Scott that I dont think about you guys and send my best wishes, my hopes and my prayers.

Latest posts

Back