I have a surgery date!!!

JenKapNC

I've had a few bumps and redirects along my journey, but was excited to get a call today to schedule my DS surgery with Dr. Sudan at Duke in NC. 10/8/15. I am excited and nervous. I have soooo much to live for which is why this surgery is important and for the same reason I worry about something going wrong. Thanks in advance for the support.

Awesome! And that's only a month away. You have an excellent surgeon who is very experienced with the DS, so hopefully all will go well.

Couldn't be happier for you! You have my best wishes for all the GREAT things that comes after this surgery to come your way!

Congratulations! I know all about those pre-op nerves - my surgery is scheduled for October 3rd and I am so excited but nervous. I think the worst part for me is just not knowing if I'll bounce back quickly or not... I hate being sick LOL

I've been a Debby Downer for the last few days but I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm excited for those of you who are getting your surgeries done soon. I was this crazy mix of nervous and excited before mine. I made my husband take down all of my last wishes (I'm a tad dramatic) and the surgery was the easiest part of the whole thing. I remember scooting onto the operating table and then I remember the nurse talking to me and I thought that I needed to move or something and she was telling me that it was over and I was in recovery. I'm sure that it was far more involved for the surgeon but for me it was like I shut my eyes for a minute and a half. :D I hope that you all have the same experience.

Congratulations! Looking forward to welcoming you to the losers' bench! This is a great time to make sure your vitamin levels are as good as they can be prior to surgery.

I've had a few bumps and redirects along my journey, but was excited to get a call today to schedule my DS surgery with Dr. Sudan at Duke in NC. 10/8/15. I am excited and nervous. I have soooo much to live for which is why this surgery is important and for the same reason I worry about something going wrong. Thanks in advance for the support.

Good for you! I remember how exciting it was a few months ago when having mine on 50th birthday! Hope it all goes very smoothly and looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Congratulations! Mine is 10/7/15. Looking forward to traveling this road with you!

Congratulations! I know all about those pre-op nerves - my surgery is scheduled for October 3rd and I am so excited but nervous. I think the worst part for me is just not knowing if I'll bounce back quickly or not... I hate being sick LOL
Congratulations! Mine is 10/7 so I'll be close behind you. Feeling the same way. Doing everything I can to prepare and be as healthy in all ways as I can for surgery but nervous about how my body will react and if it will betray my best intentions once again... Stay strong!

Latest posts

Back