I Hate When I'm the Idiot! DS Diet

Spiky Bugger

So, since the DS is a YMMV kind of procedure, we each have to learn which, if any, foods present problems post-op, and adjust our diets.

And then, we should exercise good judgment.

And paying attention helps, but people were tearing out walls and sinks and stuff, and I was trying eat--or feed to the workers--food that needed to be consumed before we left for an extended weekend.

I ate a BIG (to me) bowl of oatmeal. Usually, I eat a little and all is well.
I ate a VERY small slice of sourdough bread. I can do that if I'm not breaking other rules.
I ate some really good salad. It's okay if I just have a few bites and I did just that.
I ate some Dreamfield pasta. I can eat a small serving of Dreamfield pasta, once in a while.

What I cannot do is do all of that in one day.

Not on your life.

So today, I find myself having had a 4:12 a.m. speed run to the bathroom. Followed by a few more visits, including an almost-didn't-make-it to Mc Donald's but had to hang around for a rerun, even with the two doses of immodium.

While on a four or five hour drive.

We stopped at the Panda Express counter. I'm riding shotgun...eating steamed white rice.

Do not do this.

It would mean you are an idiot.

Bill%2BEngvall.jpg

Wow.... I am still fighting tbe post op runs.... I am trying to calm my system from just water vits and protien shakes..... I wish you all the best ... I feel your urgent pain "often"
Shifty out

My day has been FART CITY. I mean loud ripping, stomach gurgling, foul smelling, blow up the house if I lit a match farts!!!! I have no idea what I ate.
My diet for the last couple of months has been a lot of cottage cheese, (I try for 2 cups spread out through the day) greek yogurt, little cans of Libby's or Vienna Sausage and a protein shot. I have a lot of trouble with dense proteins so I stick with stuff I know I tolerate well and will stay down since I am still fighting to get my protein levels up. I didn't eat any carbs like bread pasta or pastries. I am sure if I keep racking my old brain I will remember and then slap myself in the forehead. Hope you're doing better Spiky. I also love Liz's response. @ShiftedSanity --It took me months to figure it out but protein shakes kept me housebound with the runs for months. Spiky white rice, oh hell no!

My day has been FART CITY. I mean loud ripping, stomach gurgling, foul smelling, blow up the house if I lit a match farts!!!! I have no idea what I ate.
My diet for the last couple of months has been a lot of cottage cheese, (I try for 2 cups spread out through the day) greek yogurt, little cans of Libby's or Vienna Sausage and a protein shot. I have a lot of trouble with dense proteins so I stick with stuff I know I tolerate well and will stay down since I am still fighting to get my protein levels up. I didn't eat any carbs like bread pasta or pastries. I am sure if I keep racking my old brain I will remember and then slap myself in the forehead. Hope you're doing better Spiky. I also love Liz's response. @ShiftedSanity --It took me months to figure it out but protein shakes kept me housebound with the runs for months. Spiky white rice, oh hell no!
You COULD have developed an intolerance for something that up until now, was fine.

Oh I hope not @southernlady. It is not the cottage cheese I know. I am thinking 2 nights ago I ate a white chocolate kit kat bar. I would have thought if it was that it would have happened sooner. Bad bad me I'm so ashamed...!:nono: Chocolate usually doesn't bother me but that had flaky cookie in it and I usually never eat a whole candy bar. Most of the time if I want something sweet I add cinnamon and sugar to my cottage cheese instead of salt and pepper.

Wow I love all the emotions! I didn't know which one to pick.:clapping:This one is going to be a favorite!:seniormrebel:

Jiminy Cricket here: you were so looking forward to this trip, after feeling too crappy to travel for quite a while - why the self-sabotage?

Says the person who bought a tub of tomato-onion-eggplant dip from Costco, which hardly anyone ate, and which I am downing with barbeque quinoa chips:
http://sabra.com/products/Spanish-Eggplant
http://www.simply7snacks.com/quinoa-chips-barbeque/

NB: it makes for colorful poop, and lots of it.

Originally, I wanted to eat potentially problematic stuff before travel. I was cautious...nothing caused problems. But I was feeding the human garbage disposal...my handyman's helper...and I forgot!!

We are here now...all is well.

Last edited:
Ikea toilet yesterday in Glasgow. 1328 hrs. Walking past the Lidentorp wardrobes deciding how much I can spend to stop my clothes living on the dining room table. A small fart slides out. No preamble, no small but it rearranged the furniture.

I now need a shit. But wait.....is that sweat? No......

Cut to Ikea toilet. Favourite knickers are in the sanitary bin after an orange arse liquid fat slurry fell out of my arse unawares. There are slicks and then there are Deepwater Horizons. Thank feck I was wearing a dress otherwise my arse would have looked like a fanta can through what ever pants I was wearing.

The culprit? KFC zinger burger ingested only 1.5 hrs earlier. It moved like a juggernaut of day causing a bow wave that almost shortened my legs.

@Barb1 , earlier this year I noticed a challenge with certain chocolates. Then I realized that Hershey's Brands (which manufacturers Kit Kats) are now *adding* lactose to all of their chocolates, in addition to using lactose-laden nonfat milk. So, if you are remotely lactose intolerant, Hershey's chocolates are a recipe for disaster.

Hershey's Kit Kat Crisp Wafers In Chocolate Ingredients:
Sugar, wheat flour, cocoa butter, nonfat milk, chocolate, refined palm kernel oil, lactose (milk), milk fat, contains 2% or less of: soy lecithin, PGPR (emulsifier), yeast, artificial flavor, salt, and sodium bicarbonate.

Ikea toilet yesterday in Glasgow. 1328 hrs. Walking past the Lidentorp wardrobes deciding how much I can spend to stop my clothes living on the dining room table. A small fart slides out. No preamble, no small but it rearranged the furniture.

I now need a shit. But wait.....is that sweat? No......

Cut to Ikea toilet. Favourite knickers are in the sanitary bin after an orange arse liquid fat slurry fell out of my arse unawares. There are slicks and then there are Deepwater Horizons. Thank feck I was wearing a dress otherwise my arse would have looked like a fanta can through what ever pants I was wearing.

The culprit? KFC zinger burger ingested only 1.5 hrs earlier. It moved like a juggernaut of day causing a bow wave that almost shortened my legs.
The DS's way of keeping you from spending too much money at Ikea. (I miss Ikea...but one will be close...closer than the current four hour drive...next year!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back