Hoot Hoot

k9ophile

I look like an owl! I went for a cataract pre-op. It's been a long, long time since I've had my eyes dilated.
Okay, I lied. It's been eight hours and my eyes are back to normal.
I just love adding another provider to contacts.

You’ll love being able to see without glasses but you may need readers. I have readers all over the house, I’d rather have them in various places than try to remember to carry them around on my neck.

Btw, my astigmatisms were so bad in one eye, my eyesight is 20/25 in one eye and 20/20 in the other, not 20/20 in both but hell, before surgery they were closing in on 20/200.

Of course, I'm excited to get this surgery for selfish reasons...but a huge part of this decision is because Mr. K9ophile may not be driving much in a couple of years. He has macular degeneration. It's not a problem yet. We both hate driving at night so one of the bigger things I want out of this is better night driving. His driving has always made me nervous. My biggest complaints are how he doesn't go into a slower speed when he knows he's going to have to brake. The other thing is the distance he keeps between cars when stopped. He was in a three-car wreck. He was hit from behind with enough force to be pushed into the car ahead of him. One would think he learned something from that experience. One would be wrong.
I'm getting Light Adjustable Lenses. Originally, I thought I'd go for mono-focal. I've been wearing glasses since second grade. It didn't seem like a big deal to have readers. LAL lenses are supposed to better for night driving. Swinging chickens and hoping for the best. I'm more apprehensive about this surgery than I was when I got my DS

Last edited:
Okay…I got just regular lenses. My sister got one of each…one eye for near, one for distance, MrSue got one for close and one for far.

Now I kinda wish I had done what they did. I DIDN’T because I’m not a particularly flexible person. HOW-FREAKIN’-EVER, time moved on and now I have to put on my glasses to see who is calling me. Ads, political crap, weather alerts are illegible to me. So shutting the phone up is now a multi-step deal, which it wasn’t when I was a younger old fart.

For cataracts, toric lens may help with both near and far vision....

Some complain of night halos.

anyone here tried these?

@Spiky Bugger

My mother had hers done in 2013, but does need the readers. She’s very happy, though, bc it was getting tough to see.

When it’s my turn (not for quite a while, as of last year) I’m thinking about going for the near and far. Question: your sister doesn’t get nauseated? I’ve always wondered.

Latest posts

Back