Hi from Houston

cake

Hi guys!

I've decided after some extensive research that a sleeve is the best option for me, and now on the hunt for a surgeon. I'm in HTX, so of course some research on one of the big surgeons in the state has led me here, and I'm glad! Although, kind of bummed because I thought I'd finally figured it out.

I look forward to learning from you all and thanks so much for creating this resource.

@Charris Dr. Ayoola is in Denton, TX. But @cake is expressing interest in the sleeve, at least for now, and while I'm sure Dr. Ayoola could do a sleeve for her as it is part of the DS, it is also likely that there are other surgeons offering a sleeve closer to her home. I just don't know who they are.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

@Larra Bummed because the surgeon I thought was great has been named in some pretty ugly litigation. :( but better to know before and be disappointed than know too late and be botched or dead, I guess.

Hi @Munchkin Spring is great! Looking forward to the crawfish festival. I'm pretty central so I don't get up that way much but I used to work out there.

@robs477 hooray! Nice to meet you ☺️ I haven't combed all of the forum yet. Which procedure are you having/did you have?

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone ☺️

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

@Larra Bummed because the surgeon I thought was great has been named in some pretty ugly litigation. :( but better to know before and be disappointed than know too late and be botched or dead, I guess.

Hi @Munchkin Spring is great! Looking forward to the crawfish festival. I'm pretty central so I don't get up that way much but I used to work out there.

@robs477 hooray! Nice to meet you ☺️ I haven't combed all of the forum yet. Which procedure are you having/did you have?

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone ☺️

@cake....I just had the DS done 6 weeks and two days ago here in Houston. There are a LOT of things you need to be aware of when surgeon shopping here in Houston and in Texas. I learned of a LOT of pitfalls and deceptions and fortunately, got forewarned here on this board and I still had to interview SIX surgeons. We can talk more details later if you need help. Read, learn and then read, learn some more! It’s very nasty out there! Go back and read my earlier posts would be a good start, around last sep/august or so, good luck to you. You had said you was wanting just the sleeve, so that should make the selection process a lot easier, BUT, still need to be carefull. Rob

Hi guys!

I've decided after some extensive research that a sleeve is the best option for me, and now on the hunt for a surgeon. I'm in HTX, so of course some research on one of the big surgeons in the state has led me here, and I'm glad! Although, kind of bummed because I thought I'd finally figured it out.

I look forward to learning from you all and thanks so much for creating this resource.

Hi there...if you don't mind me asking, how much do you have to lose?
I had the sleeve back in 2010. I felt, at the time, that a restrive only procedure would be enough for me. And it was....for a while. I lost 120 lbs pretty effortlessly. A few years and a busted metabolism later, I started gaining and put about 50lbs back on. I converted to the DS and had a partial resleeve back in November 2014.
Knowing what I know now, I honestly wish I had gone with the DS from the get go.

Latest posts

Back