Getting a revision from sleeve to DS in December

Hello :) I am new here. I was sleeved almost 9 years ago down in Mexico at mexicalibariatric. I had an amazing experience, and love my sleeve. Here I am almost 9 years out and have gained back 90 pounds of the 150 I lost from the sleeve. I have been talking with others, and have been doing research to find out what the best next step was for me. I have come to the decision with support that getting the DS, would be the best option. I am looking forward to continuing a healthy life. I have two littles my oldest just turned 3 and my youngest just turned 1. I need to be around for a very long time, and I know if my weight continues to stay high, that will not be an option. I look forward to getting to know others on here, and gather as much information as possible.

Welcome, you’ve come to the right place to learn and ask any questions, and I do mean any! Sounds like you have a good plan. I had DS from Dr Esquerra in Mexico in 2016 and love it and haven’t had any problems.
Susan

Welcome, you’ve come to the right place to learn and ask any questions, and I do mean any! Sounds like you have a good plan. I had DS from Dr Esquerra in Mexico in 2016 and love it and haven’t had any problems.
Susan
Thank you for sharing, I am a lot more scared about this surgery than I was with my sleeve. So, I do enjoy hearing success stories!

hello & welcome!

I went to the same place in 2008 and was very impressed with their care.

:welcome2:
Hello, that is where I had my sleeve, and I loved the experience. Everyone was extremely nice, and welcoming. Better care than I have ever received here in the US. Dr. Aceves is who did my sleeve :) Now Dr. Ungson will be doing my revision to DS.

As mentioned above, I am much more nervous/scared for this surgery than when I had the sleeve.

that seems rational - it is a bigger surgery.

people here would love to answer any specific questions you have about the surgery itself or living with it afterwards; I'm almost the only poster who doesn't have a DS

how soon is your surgery scheduled?

that seems rational - it is a bigger surgery.

people here would love to answer any specific questions you have about the surgery itself or living with it afterwards; I'm almost the only poster who doesn't have a DS

how soon is your surgery scheduled?
Thank you :)

I am going down at the end of December. My date for surgery is December 27th.

Latest posts

Back