Help! I think I'm eating too much

Jules02

I'm only 10 days post op and started on purees . I've been able to eat refried beans with cheese, the small one from Taco Bell. I can eat half of the container. I'm drinking 64oz, and am worried that I shouldn't be able to eat ad much so soon out. I did the DS in one stage.

I'm only 10 days post op and started on purees . I've been able to eat refried beans with cheese, the small one from Taco Bell. I can eat half of the container. I'm drinking 64oz, and am worried that I shouldn't be able to eat ad much so soon out. I did the DS in one stage.

Half a small container of beans doesn't seem abnormal to me. I think you're OK. Just don't eat until stuffed.

Why would you be worried that you can eat too much? Eating is a good thing.

Glad to read this thread. I have days where a I have an ounce and struggle to keep it in, and then other days where I think OMG, that was like 4 oz of food and I ate it all..and could eat more. Glad I'm not the o ly one to worry about it

Glad to read this thread. I have days where a I have an ounce and struggle to keep it in, and then other days where I think OMG, that was like 4 oz of food and I ate it all..and could eat more. Glad I'm not the o ly one to worry about it
That is good that you can eat more. I think I got in about 500 calories a day, tops for about 3-4 months. Your body needs the nutrition. Just feed it with protein and not soda, biscuits and those type foods.

I'm on a smoked salmon with cream cheese and avocado kick right now.. My belly seems to like that. Here in about 15 min I'm trying shrimp for the first time post op... Hoping I can add it to the happy food list.

If you truly are eating too much most of the time it will come back out the second you take that 1 bite too much

I didn't have any restrictions post DS...no liquids, or purees or anything....I was on normal food in the hospital....but not a lot...since I was a chicken shit to eat....not because of my vsg but my head.....

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I think I was/am just plain ole worried. Its a toss up between eating and or drinking. Im sticking to drinking since that's more important.

Latest posts

Back