Hello looking for answers to revision done to DS

Magie Kosek

I had my DS in 2010 loved it lost 130 lbs. Had to have my common channel lengthened due to severe diariaha and foul body and breath odors,(overgrowth of bacteria) Since my lengthening I have gained 80 lbs. and need to get some help. I am wondering if anyone had a revision to their DS what did you go to and how has it been going? Thanks in advance feel like a total failure!~!

I had a revision to extend my AL significantly and my CC a little because my original DS surgeon gave me a 100cm CC and a 150cm AL when my total SBL was 725cm, so........ what were your CC, AL total SBL measurements before revision and what are they now?

Who did your original DS and then the revision?

Dr Ara Keshishian did my revision last August and I went from taking 400,000 IU of pancreatic enzayme (CREON) a day to help absorb nutrients, to nothing after surgery. My nutrition is much better but I am struggling a little now because I have a recurrent hernia that is causing some issues.

Were you having nutritional issues before your CC was lengthened? BTW - Diarrhea and foul gas are typically due to eating too much fat and carbs, especially in combination.

Good luck

Hi and welcome!
I don't know whether another revision of your limb and c lengths would help, or if it would help with weight loss but lead back to the problems that led you to have your revision in the first place. This is esp true because I don't know what means, other than revision, were tried to fix the problem short of surgery - diet changes? probiotics? a course of flagyl to deal with bacterial overgrowth in your colon? Maybe your docs tried, everything, and nothing worked, or maybe not.
The best suggestion I would have is to consult with a couple of the best and most experienced DS revision surgeons to get their opinions. It might lead nowhere, but you won't know if you don't ask. Dr. Keshishian and Dr. Rabkin would be my choices.

Latest posts

Back