Hello from the bayou, cher!

Welcome. I use riced Cauliflower as a replacement. Not the same but in a pinch it works. I do eat a couple of table spoons occasion but it really fills me up so I opt out most of the times.
Whit

Welcome! Awesome intro, btw. :)
I don't know if it is because of lack of absorption but rice, potatoes, bread, even pasta doesn't really bother me at all. Now I don't eat a ton of any of those, at least not compared to what I used to but let's use a dinner this night as an example. We ate Longhorn Steakhouse (yeah crappy chain, but decent enough) on Thursday or Friday night. I had an 8 oz sirloin, lobster tail, broccoli and baked potato with butter and sour cream. I ate all the steak and lobster, most of the potatoe and a couple pieces of broccoli (way too much butter on it).....and I had 3 stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer. None of it bothered me. Since Friday my gut has been feeling better (I have periods that are good and then periods that are bad).

....so I don't know why I can eat lots of carbs and they don't seem to have any effect. I keep waiting for the weight to pile on based on the experience of others and then have to cut back but it isn't happening. I intentionally don't limit carbs because I am trying to gain weight. My system is obviously effed up even after the revision to extend my channels.

EDIT: Bread will fill me up faster than anything so I do limit the amount of bread I eat but rice and potato seems to have no consequence with filling me up or the gut hurting.

Last edited:
My apologies for commenting in this thread before welcoming you. Welcome @DarkRoux ....you found the right place for great advice and great people.

Welcome, @DarkRoux ! We are all so different. 3 years out and rice gives me no problems at all. Neither does bread as long as I slather it with lots of butter. Pasta...now that's another story. Not even worth it. Anyway, welcome to the board!

Latest posts

Back