Hello from PA

I 've been looking at the supplements many of you are posting as well as vitalady's recommendations. Are you taking supplements 'as needed' or, are you following a daily supermen regimen? Thanks all!
I STARTED with the Vitalady list but once I got post op labs, I started adjusting to what MY labs said I needed.

One thing...vitamins are needed forever but which ones and how many you need depend on your own personal lab work. Start with a good set of pre-op labs, fix issues ahead of surgery...like I was low on D so I added the D. Then the first year, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and year labs are ideal. Get hard copies of your own labs and track them on a spreadsheet so you can spot trends of either high (not many of us get this) or low.
Example, my ferritin trended down thru years 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 so that by the summer of 2014 (year 3 1/2), I needed iron infusions. I don't need A, E, or any of the B's BUT that is me.

Thank you. I am on a mega doe of d now, but will discuss my labs with my Dr during my jan. meeting. I am so encouraged, I was feeling so alone, and scared in this decision making process. Just knowing that there is a community of people out there JUST LIKE ME is so tremendously encouraging

Schedule surgery for IMMEDIATELY after school ends in May or June...then you have the summer to settle down and figure out which foods you need to avoid.

ALSO...once my morning "activities" are completed, I'm usually fine. Any bad choices made during the day do not bother me until later in the day or early the next morning.

But I WOULD give myself a LONG time immediately post-op, because your bowels may not understand your school's bell schedule.

Schedule surgery for IMMEDIATELY after school ends in May or June...then you have the summer to settle down and figure out which foods you need to avoid.

ALSO...once my morning "activities" are completed, I'm usually fine. Any bad choices made during the day do not bother me until later in the day or early the next morning.

But I WOULD give myself a LONG time immediately post-op, because your bowels may not understand your school's bell schedule.
Makes sense. I wasn't sure if I should schedule asap, or wait. Thanks

Latest posts

Back