Hello everyone....revision to DS if possible

Are you PennyL from the attached thread?

Attachments

• Bipartition post from PB.pdf
    736.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Like @DianaCox I read your story and thought Dr. Gagner. I'm very sorry this happened to you. I could understand a surgeon stopping with just the sleeve when he ran into severe adhesions, for safety sake, but this was not something you had even heard of, let alone agreed to.
I have great respect for Dr. Greenbaum, but I don't know if he will take this on. If he won't, I think you could argue with your insurer about going out of state in that there would be no in state surgeon able to do what is needed. Maybe Diana could address this issue, as she understands insurance better than I do. It might also depend on your policy, so I'm going to recommend that you get a copy of your EOC (evidence of coverage) so we can determine what recourse you have for something so specialized that you need to leave NJ, and also what appeals rights you have. The EOC is a lengthy document, not a summary.

I had my life on hold....I have been caring for my mom, who had end stage alzheimer's. Which didn't give me any free time to myself and I wasn't able to leave her to go look into revision. Sad news, my mom has passed. Alzheimer's is a horrid disease. It wastes away the brain and the body slowly, and the caregiver is left with a body that is existing. Very painful for me....anyway. The better news is, I received a response from Dr. Rabkin. I sent him my operative report, he reviewed it, and told me to call him next week, he thinks he will be able to help me. So, it's a step in the right direction for me. At least there is some hope.

My condolences - Rabkin is the only other one I would talk to besides Keshishian - I assume that means you're going to be self-pay?

My condolences - Rabkin is the only other one I would talk to besides Keshishian - I assume that means you're going to be self-pay?

Don't know if it will be self pay. I explained my insurance issue also my financial issue. I will see what happens when I speak with them next week. At least I now have some hope, that I am not unfixable (if that's a word).

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother, and also for the suffering she (and you) endured. My father had Alzheimer's so I have at least some understanding of your you went through. It is a terrible disease.
I hope you will now put your focus on yourself and that Dr. Rabkin will be able to help you.

@DianaCox I downloaded the pdf but everything is cut off on the right side. Is it just me? Since I got stuck using windows 10 I don't know for sure when a problem is from the OS or the files or whatever.

Latest posts

Back