Hearing an imaginary bell

huneypie

Wannabe
For the last week I've been hearing an imaginary bell. Like the little ones you lift and shake, so just a small tinkle sound 3 or 4 times a day, just lasting a couple of seconds.

Could it be due to some deficiency? I'm on the full Vitalady program with extra calcium, magnesium and K2.

I have my labs done next week, is there something I should look for or something I should request?

BTW I've not experienced psychological issues other than when running a temperature as a child.

Thanks, I'm glad that losing my mind wasn't your first thought!! :)

I first experienced it on holiday and thought it was the person in the room next door, but I've had it since returning. If this is the worst it gets then I'm fine, but I was concerned it might be the start of something bad.

First time I had it back home was when I breathed in noisily through my nose.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm glad that losing my mind wasn't your first thought!! :)

I first experienced it on holiday and thought it was the person in the room next door, but I've had it since returning. If this is the worst it gets then I'm fine, but I was concerned it might be the start of something bad.

First time I had it back home was when I breathed in noisily through my nose.
ROFL, no losing your mind was NOT my first thought, :)

Tinnitus was my first thought too. I have it, and to me it is a metallic sound that is more even than one of those little hand rung bells, but I don't know that it is the same for everyone.

You can often think of something that preceded it that my have contributed to it, like certain strong antibiotics. For me, it was going to rock concerts 3 consecutive nights in a row. Stupid yes, and now I use ear protection, but after many years, it hasn't gone away.

I've seen different things that supposedly help the ringing, but I've never found anything that actually helps, other than white noise. Total silence is really annoying with tinnitus.

OMG a little hand bell is the exact sound I keep hearing... I really thought I was losing my mind probably due to some deficiency.

Thanks for replying @bearmom

Tinnitus was my first thought too. I have it, and to me it is a metallic sound that is more even than one of those little hand rung bells, but I don't know that it is the same for everyone.

You can often think of something that preceded it that my have contributed to it, like certain strong antibiotics. For me, it was going to rock concerts 3 consecutive nights in a row. Stupid yes, and now I use ear protection, but after many years, it hasn't gone away.

I've seen different things that supposedly help the ringing, but I've never found anything that actually helps, other than white noise. Total silence is really annoying with tinnitus.

Latest posts

Back