Headed to Utah for Surgery on Friday :) :) :)

It is all going to work out just fine! You have done everything you can to be able to make it to this point. Now, just sit back, relax and have the surgery. I hope your surgery and recovery are even easier than mine were. By the way, my surgery and recover were textbook simple! Call me if you are anxious!

Thank you everyone! I made it through the surgery class...... I nodded and smiled.... And I may have rolled my eyes and bit my tongue a few times lol. I did get weighed when I had my blood draw at the hospital this morning. Now we are going to have lunch, take flowers to my mom's grave and go to Cabelas. I'll check in again later.

I've been thinking about you a lot as I go about my preparations, knowing you are doing and feeling many of the same things. See you on the other side, surgery twin!
Tomorrow is your big travel day, right? You two are both getting switched Friday so that is awesome.

Congrats to da-boda-yous!

This heat is killing me and I haven't pooped since Tuesday. The surgeon's office weighed me 5 pounds more today than yesterday in the lab.... And that's still more than when I left home. I have my surgeon consult in a few minutes.... I'm kinda freaking out that he's going to cancel it.

This heat is killing me and I haven't pooped since Tuesday. The surgeon's office weighed me 5 pounds more today than yesterday in the lab.... And that's still more than when I left home. I have my surgeon consult in a few minutes.... I'm kinda freaking out that he's going to cancel it.

Did Dr. Simper do his infomercial "fast talk" about the surgeries and risks? Pissed me off a bit when he did it with me. It was a total cover his ass speech. I wish I could have recorded him and played it back for him at our next meeting.

What time is your surgery scheduled? I had to be at the hospital around 5:30 a.m. I was checked in and put into a nice room. They had me change into a gown. I was in that room for over an hour but, comfortable at least. Finally they brought me down to the surgery staging area. The surgery corrals, you'll see, were a bit intimidating to me. Small curtained rooms filled with patients and family, noisy and cramped. I was nervous waiting for surgery, seemed to take forever. I have to say though, my anesthesiologist was absolutely gorgeous! He could have taken me anywhere, not just to the Operating room! I was the first surgery of the day for Dr. Simper. It was nice to not have to wait around for the two RNY'S he would be doing.

Last edited:
Yup...we just finished the infomercial. I'm also going to ask him what the consent means when it says 'I recognize that during the course of the procedure unforseen conditions may necessitate additional or different procedures than those explained' WTF?!? I can handle an open surgery but I don't want to wake up with RNY or a sleeve. I am sooo not comfortable with that line. And he said in the infomercial that if my liver is too big he will pull out and make me come back in 6 weeks. I don't think I'm going to be able to feel better until I wake up from surgery..... That's if he doesn't freak out about my weight.

I'm the only DS patient in the groups... And they told me they do the DSs first in the morning.

Yup...we just finished the infomercial. I'm also going to ask him what the consent means when it says 'I recognize that during the course of the procedure unforseen conditions may necessitate additional or different procedures than those explained' WTF?!? I can handle an open surgery but I don't want to wake up with RNY or a sleeve. I am sooo not comfortable with that line. And he said in the infomercial that if my liver is too big he will pull out and make me come back in 6 weeks. I don't think I'm going to be able to feel better until I wake up from surgery..... That's if he doesn't freak out about my weight.

Just keep in mind, he doesn't want to reschedule any more than you do. He wants to finish your surgery and move on to the next. So, he will do your surgery unless something very serious prevents him from safely completing. He is very skilled, trust him. Also, he is not a "bait and don't switch" doctor. It would have to be something catastrophic to cause him to not perform the DS and in that case, I think he would close your surgery and wait to talk to you before proceeding.

Latest posts

Back