Getting DS surgery November 2015. Last minute advice! And opinions

Ohh geez lol law suits n such via the robot??? I feel better array lol.
nah, don't worry and didn't mean to make you worried. I think it more surgeon misuse than anything and good attorney's name as many parties in a suit as they can. My son''s case the attorney was going to name the surgeon (the real culprit), DaVinci, the Surgeon's partners and group, and the hospital where surgery was performed.

The Davinci in the hands of a good surgeon is a great tool. Don't be afraid.

Ok everyone i need help n advice!!!
I miss read the instructions for surgery. It said 48 hrs CLEAR liquids prior to surgery. But i did not do CLEAR liquids only i did creamy soups...do you think this will be a problem especially since the surgery is tomorrow morning at 830 am

Smooth cream soup or were there chunks in it?

You should be fine if it's smooth. I'd tell them if there were bits of stuff in the soup.

Couple points and first may seem harsh but:

How could you have possibly misread that? The DS and once you are recovered enough to start vitamins, requires strict adherence to hydration, protein intake and vitamins being taken as your labs dictate. Not reading properly or any other reason for not following the rules of the DS (follow us for nutrition and labs bit surgeon's office because their Info is often wrong) can cause significant health issues up to death).

Regarding the creamy soups it is not a big deal from a medical perspective because many surgeons let you eat anything you want until you go NPO the night before surgery. That being said if you tell your surgeon you had creamy soups and did not follow instructions he/she may tell you that they won't do surgery since you didn't follow instructions.

Good luck

Last edited:
Hey there no not harsh at all...well maybe a little lol.
Because the form that they gave me was photo copied about 8 dozen times by them apparently, and the have words crossed out and hand written by them. Basically they just gave POOR poor quality paper to me.

Latest posts

Back