FINALLY!!...Got me a Date!

Yeah, consider that sloppy sweet statement af admiration it!!...lol

Yeah, consider that previous sloppy sweet statement of admiration to be it!!...lol. I did start on some of those other letters and it really sucks. First time in my life I couldn’t think of anything to say..lol
Maybe just pretend you are writing a regular letter...not one that is in case of type.

My "just in case" letters contained the following basic elements, were limited to one page and were personalized for each recipient:

1. I love you and am grateful to have had the gift of being able to spend time together with you.
2. Specific qualities about you that made me love you the most are:
3. My favorite memory with you was:
4. My best advice for you:
(usually this was a message to remind the recipient to love him/herself; to forgive him/herself for any mistakes past present or future; to surround themselves only with persons who respect, appreciate and find joy in spending time with them; to not hesitate to take risks if those risks are worth it - will help them reach a future they want; be strong - times of trouble often end with opportunity and a happy life or are forgotten; etc.)
5. Thank you.

For my children and husband, I also wrote 5 more simple messages for special future events. This was inspired by my amazing great aunt, who died at 98 and had plenty of time to plan such things. She actually had wrapped special gifts (heirlooms of sentimental value some which were well-loved books) and cards for my mom's generation to give ours on special dates (e.g. 18th birthday, wedding day, birth of first child, time of extreme sorrow/suffering/sickness/loss). Receiving those unexpectedly on those days has meant the world to me.

Last edited:
My "just in case" letters contained the following basic elements, were limited to one page and were personalized for each recipient:

1. I love you and am grateful to have had the gift of being able to spend time together with you.
2. Specific qualities about you that made me love you the most are:
3. My favorite memory with you was:
4. My best advice for you:
(usually this was a message to remind the recipient to love him/herself; to forgive him/herself for any mistakes past present or future; to surround themselves only with persons who respect, appreciate and find joy in spending time with them; to not hesitate take risks if those risks are worth it will help them reach a future they want; be strong - times of trouble often end with opportunity and a happy life or are forgotten; etc.)
5. Thank you.

For my children and husband, I also wrote 5 more simple messages for special future events. This was inspired by my amazing great aunt, who died at 98 and had plenty of time to plan such things. She actually had wrapped special gifts (heirlooms of sentimental value, well-loved books) and cards for my mom's generation to give ours on special dates (e.g. 18th birthday, wedding day, birth of first child, time of extreme sorrow/suffering/sickness/loss). Receiving those unexpectedly on those days has meant the world to me.

Thxs Hilary, lots of good idea's, again!!! A lot to think about in a short time.

Latest posts

Back