End of my 5th week Update, Some Crazy Stuff.......

@Jen-2,

I recommend broth, tea, egg drop soup for you to help get that fluid intake up to where it needs to be. Some people have an easier time with warm/hot liquids post-op, while others can tolerate tepid or cold drinks better. In the first couple of months, I liked beverages to be at the ends of the spectrum, either icy cold or warm, but found it hard to drink anything which was room temperature.

To be honest, if you are craving fruit and it will help get liquids down, I'd also recommend trying a bit of juice in the short term as a post-op hydration solution. You may or may not be able to tolerate the sugar in it, so definitely be sparing at first.

Whatever you can do to increase your fluid uptake, know you will feel much better fully hydrated.

Wishing you the best! Hil

IF you do the juice as Hilary suggested, may I suggest diluting it with water. Example, pout 2 oz of a juice in a cup and then add 2 oz of water. Keeps the carbs down...and now, thanks to that, undiluted juice is way too strong for my taste buds.

@robs477 ive had an aversion to food lately. Nothing sounds appealing and I have to force myself to eat.
The only thing I crave and want and can eat all the time is boiled seafood. Thank God it's crawfish season! Lol

Hmmm....Crawfish does sound good!

Latest posts

Back