Don't loose anymore weight?

Charris

Now an angel
My family and friends keep telling me don't loose anymore weight. A short fry like me should weigh between 91 to 128 and 128 is the very high end of normal. So 148 ain't gonna get it. plus bounce back. DR K never gave me a goal weight did anyone else get a goal weight from him?.
20140706_150247.jpg

Attachments

• 20140706_150309.jpg
    20140706_150309.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 12
Your family and friends are not use to seeing you skinny. Just tell them you are working with your doctor to reach a good weight FOR YOUR height. If they continue just look at them...and say nothing else.

I agree with Liz. My grandmother keeps telling me the same thing and I'm not even in the 100's yet! I think the people that have been with us for a long time are too accustomed to seeing us larger and it messes with their heads to see such a dramatic change. Do what makes YOU feel comfortable and if anyone questions that, I'd tell them that your dr is happy with your progress and you are not underweight or sick so they shouldn't worry.
P.S. You look fab! :)

You look great. I agree with Liz as well. There are some who have issues and loose to much weight but most do not. Mostly we lose to a low weight maintain then bounce up a little.

First I thought I will be one of the people who did not get to a goal weight. But the scale kept creeping down. Then I thought I would be one of the few to lose to much. Now I am stable at 122 and a bit thin but I like it. I have been here for a few months and feel pretty good. At first I received lots of concerned comments. I just said I have not lost any more weight it's just moving around a bit. Not exactly a lie but not a complete truth.

Just let your body to it's thing. Make sure you eat enough protein and take your supplements. You will be ok.

Oh and Dr. K and I have never had a goal weight discussion.

Take good care.
Whit

Lemme guess. The ones who are telling you not to lose any more weight.....are they overweight? Jealous? Pay them no heed. You will hit your low, no matter what you do, then you will get your magical bounceback. Usually about 20 pounds for us smaller people. And my 20 pounds went exactly where I wanted it, in the booty. I'll be waiting to see where yours lands. Happy Bounce Back, baby!

Lemme guess. The ones who are telling you not to lose any more weight.....are they overweight? Jealous? Pay them no heed. You will hit your low, no matter what you do, then you will get your magical bounceback. Usually about 20 pounds for us smaller people. And my 20 pounds went exactly where I wanted it, in the booty. I'll be waiting to see where yours lands. Happy Bounce Back, baby!

omg Oh then I will try to get low and wait for bounce back. I used to have a HUGE BUT Now I only have a little bump. ATTENY my best Assett is gone....

When was the last time you even dared to wear horizontal stripes? It was loosely suggested that I get down to 155; and I did. I looked sick. That was the number that would give me a "normal" BMI. Dr. Houston did comment about my gain back from that 155 and said he was OK with it. As if I GARA about what he thinks. I feel great. I'm also quite happy with my appearance. Don't think I'm brave enough to do horizontal stripes though. Well, at least not around my butt. :p

When was the last time you even dared to wear horizontal stripes? It was loosely suggested that I get down to 155; and I did. I looked sick. That was the number that would give me a "normal" BMI. Dr. Houston did comment about my gain back from that 155 and said he was OK with it. As if I GARA about what he thinks. I feel great. I'm also quite happy with my appearance. Don't think I'm brave enough to do horizontal stripes though. Well, at least not around my butt. :p

Even when I was built like a mayonnaise jar I still wore horizontal stripes. Im a rebel. Plus I was in denial thinking I had the perfect shape. Lol

My surgeon told me to lose about 10 % below goal then bounce back. That is what I hope to do. I am still in the "will I be one of those people who won't reach goal" phase.
Jesus, Mary & Joseph. Whenever someone told me to "stop losing" or "gain some weight back", I'd look at them and give them the silent stare. Like, how in the hell am I supposed to do that? I eat non stop as it is. You lose what you're going to lose, then you bounce back. I don't think there's much I could have done to stop my weight loss. I did eat Reese's Peanut Butter cups when I dipped down to my all time low. I can't stand the smell of them now.

My surgeon never gave me a goal weight. In fact, I've never seen him again since pre-op. He doesn't see his patients post-op, instead the PA's follow them. Funny thing, Dr. Foote complained to me at one of my first appts with him that he never saw his DS patients. He said it like it was THEIR failing, when it actually is his failing. One of the reasons I do not refer anyone to him. I refer to Dr. Kemmeter instead, who I wish had done my surgery.

Latest posts

Back