Does anyone know what's in the prenavite prenatel vitamins?

danadear

I asked my GYN for some prenatal vitamins today but I can't find anywhere what's in them.
what vitamins and the amount of each that's in them? Do we take them as directed or 2 daily?

This is what I found on the Web.
Prenavite forms, composition and dosages:
  • Tablet; Oral; Calcium Carbonate 125 mg; Ferrous Fumarate 50 mg; Folic Acid 1 mg; Sodium Ascorbate 100 mg; Vitamin A Acetate 4000 units; Vitamin D 400 units
Why are you asking your gyn for vitamins after DS?
I don't know where you are in your DS journey, but the doses are low, the forms of the vitamins are not ideal, and many vitamins and minerals that are needed are not included. You should search this site, because there is a lot of helpful vitamin/mineral information here.

I know the doc won't take a consumer website for advice, but these official guidelines will educate him/her about where to start.
Parrott J, Frank L, Dilks R, Craggs-Dino L, Isom KA, Greiman L. American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Integrated Health Nutritional Guidelines for the Surgical Weight Loss Patient 2016 Update: Micronutrients. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. 2017 Jan 19.

Thank you! I guess I wasn't looking it up correctly. I really thought it would have more than that in it. I read that ds'ers should take a multivitamin or prenatal vitamin. I can't post a link yet but if you search for "Vitamin and Mineral Absorption with the Duodenal Switch (DS)" an article comes up and I read that here under the heading "Daily Recommended Vitamin and Mineral Supplements With a DS".
AUTHOR was Dr Greenbaum

I read another report that we should be taking 200% of recommended daily.

Last edited:
Holy crap - I thought there was more in them than that - oh wait, there is: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/rugby-prenavite-prenatal-formula-100-tabs (hmmpphh .. why am I paying $20/bottle for them at Walgreens??):

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Tablet

Amount per tablet %Daily Value for pregnant or lactating women
Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 4,000 IU 50%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 120 mg 200%
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E (as dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 30 IU 100%
Thiamine (as thiamine mononitrate) 1.8 mg 106%
Riboflavin 1.7 mg 85%
Niacin (as niacinamide) 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 2.6 mg 104%
Folic Acid 800 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 8 mcg 100%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 200 mg 15%
Iron (as ferrous fumarate) 28 mg 156%
Zinc (as zinc oxide) 25 mg 167%

Copyright or other business reasons, I suspect.

http://www.allegromedical.com/dieta...^15879@ADL1EA@ADL4ALLEGRO-adType^PLA#15879_EA
PRENAVITE-TABLETS-FC-100s.-Compare-to:-Stuart-Prenatal-192128-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg

Compare to the Rugby brand:
WAT046.png

Latest posts

Back