Do you know the way to San Jose? [San Jose CA | Jun 21, 2015]

Oh that's right..you said you have heater. I bet it's freezing without it huh if it's getting that cool at night.
I won't get in my pool till it hits about 83-84 degrees!
I'm a wuss.

Me too! Actually 86 deg is my min swim temp of the water...I'm a wuss too...lol

Well, we just got back late yesterday. We’ve had NO internet for the last half week in the mountains around Yosemite, so hadn’t had a chance to post or check-in. Spent the last two days in San Francisco and went to wine country also. We had a lot of stuff packed in a short time, but, we had a lot of fun and seen a lot of things we’ve never seen before.

I plan to make a separate post to convey the challenges and some solutions to keeping your DS regimen while on the road and traveling to mostly help us newbies.
Glad you are home...hope you took LOTS of photos!

I did a similar thread here.

It was fun hosting the party - and wonderful to get to meet Rob/Steve and his lovely family, and to have our local friends come by as well.

As some of you may know, I hosted a party at my house 7 years ago, which a number of people from around the country attended. Over time, several of them betrayed (there should be a stronger word than that) my friendship. One became a deadbeat tenant by abusing my generosity in offering her a temporary place to stay while she moved to the area, and then not only refused to leave, but also turned into a stalker against whom I had to get a restraining order. Another one became the stalker's co-conspirator (trying to ingratiate herself to her friend the stalker), who posted and reposted defamatory lies about me. Another one started a website and then became a megalomaniac who felt I owed her ALL of my DS work-product, and when I started helping Dr. K with his site, she self-immolated - which was the driving force behind THIS site being started (so I guess it wasn't ALL bad!). A fourth person just lost her damned mind and I no longer have the patience to deal with her insanity.

So you can imagine my (and Charles'!) reticence in hosting DS parties again! But last year's party in honor of the visiting @kirmy, and @southernlady and @Cbramsey, and this year's party in honor of @robs477, have restored my faith ... I hope to do it again soon. Maybe the trick is in offering to host ONLY when people decide to visit, rather than originating the idea myself. :)

Today we are hosting our granddaughter's 3rd birthday party, so I need to get up and get cooking ... after that's over, we are loading up Sallie and heading out for another week of glamping in Paso Robles.

It was fun hosting the party - and wonderful to get to meet Rob/Steve and his lovely family, and to have our local friends come by as well.

As some of you may know, I hosted a party at my house 7 years ago, which a number of people from around the country attended. Over time, several of them betrayed (there should be a stronger word than that) my friendship. One became a deadbeat tenant by abusing my generosity in offering her a temporary place to stay while she moved to the area, and then not only refused to leave, but also turned into a stalker against whom I had to get a restraining order. Another one became the stalker's co-conspirator (trying to ingratiate herself to her friend the stalker), who posted and reposted defamatory lies about me. Another one started a website and then became a megalomaniac who felt I owed her ALL of my DS work-product, and when I started helping Dr. K with his site, she self-immolated - which was the driving force behind THIS site being started (so I guess it wasn't ALL bad!). A fourth person just lost her damned mind and I no longer have the patience to deal with her insanity.

So you can imagine my (and Charles'!) reticence in hosting DS parties again! But last year's party in honor of the visiting @kirmy, and @southernlady and @Cbramsey, and this year's party in honor of @robs477, have restored my faith ... I hope to do it again soon. Maybe the trick is in offering to host ONLY when people decide to visit, rather than originating the idea myself. :)

Today we are hosting our granddaughter's 3rd birthday party, so I need to get up and get cooking ... after that's over, we are loading up Sallie and heading out for another week of glamping in Paso Robles.
You are "good people" Diana. I apologize for believing some of the nonsense at the other place and making a false assumption.

I hope to meet up with you and several others one of these days. I would love to move out to Cali so it would be easier, if you can find a job for me with a $300K base a year so I can afford a 1,000 sq ft house out there! :p

when you first posted about the party I thought, wow, she is brave. :clapping: I glad it worked out so well.

when you first posted about the party I thought, wow, she is brave. :clapping: I glad it worked out so well.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, lol.. and Diana and Charles are brave!. BUT….just like Diana’a other post said, She…and we all have been burned by asshole people before, as have I. What is a testament to them (Diana and Charles) and all of our Human spirits is that we are all the same type people that don’t let the bad outweigh the good, because the good is still out there. You just don’t hear much of it today because of the mass media that loves to dwell on the negative. You cannot ever give up seeking good. On occasion, you find it and those memories last forever :D

I wish I could have met more of you, because we are all very similar and have a lot in common. I think if we could have some kind of an annual get together in a central location, with enough advance notice, that would be awesome??

Aw, thanks - it DID take a quite while to get over being burned - but I'm glad I did. It's the best way to thumb my nose at the assholes.

We are now "recuperating" in Paso Robles for a week of camping (we had another 20 or so people over last Sunday for our granddaughter Caylee's third birthday - so we needed to run away).

11666234_10153020623327887_7567910871931715236_n.jpg

Well @DianaCox , I'm not the stalker or the co-conspirator or the megalomaniac, does that mean I was the one who lost her mind? I was there, after all. And while I know the identities of those other 3 people, I can't think who the lost her mind was, which may be a sign that I've lost my mind and it's me.

Hey @robs477...you're pretty central just sayin...lol
:grillinsmiley:

LOL...I'm not scared! BUT, Houston is NOT known for being a "Destination location" and is not enough to bring in people from all over. Plus the GD heat and humidity would make a grown man suck his thumb and cry for his Mama :D

Aw, thanks - it DID take a quite while to get over being burned - but I'm glad I did. It's the best way to thumb my nose at the assholes.

We are now "recuperating" in Paso Robles for a week of camping (we had another 20 or so people over last Sunday for our granddaughter Caylee's third birthday - so we needed to run away).

11666234_10153020623327887_7567910871931715236_n.jpg

OMG, Caylee is SO adorable cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back