Do you know the way to San Jose? [San Jose CA | Jun 21, 2015]

DianaCox

Bad Cop
Come meet Rob and family, take a dip in the pool (if the June Gloom is gone), and EAT - Rob will be the rib-eye chef du jour.

Bring your Speedos and a towel. Plan to walk across the street to visit our lovely Rose Garden as well.

RSVP required! We will need to know how much meat to buy!

June 21, says right there!

I think it's very nice of you to invite folks, good on ya.

I put maybe because I have to see if I could get the next day off. it's exciting to consider! google says the drive is under 4.5 hours without traffic.

Last edited:
Jackie, that would be WONDERFUL! Depending on how tolerant you are of roughing-it conditions, we could probably put you up for the night as well.

that's very sweet - then I'd have to find some one to take care of my dogs. my original thought was I could bring them and stay in the Motel 6 - I see there is one about 5 minutes from you! - but it is already booked for that weekend, holy cow.

but first I would really need to get the day after off work; if I can do that I'll work on the dog issue.

I'm down to only two dogs but it's the worst two. :eek:

OK, I will.

is the 8 to 4 time frame something you chose or is it the default for a "day" on this calendar? not sure if I am making sense but, why 8 AM?

do you or anyone want to offer advice about the route? google gives me three options the first two are I 80 to Sacramento or 50 to Sacramento (freeway vs scenic, I guess) but the third is 88 to Stockton. less miles but about the same amount of time if google knows what it's talking about.

I don't have any GPS (or a smart phone!) which is a pity because I get lost easily. :rolleyes: so i'd best have a map and a fairly good idea of what I'm doing.

I hope it's sunny!!

:summersipping:

I can't help you there - I assume weather conditions won't make a difference. I've only gone over the mountains on 80, which is a grueling drive (because you are sharing a two-lanes-in-each-direction road with a gazillion trucks), but 50 sounds lovely, as does 88 - and very windy and probably has more up and down (and thus uses more gas). Maybe you could plan to go one way, and come back the other? Since Google estimates exactly the same amount of time for any one of the three routes, it depends on what feels safest to you - lots of windy roads through the mountains, or a heavily traveled but safer one?

I fixed the time - it should update after one of the admins (hint hint) OKs it.

Latest posts

Back