darn it I'M NOT PREGNANT

I call him in 2 to 3 weeks and we will go from there and schedule sometime the last week in june if I can shed some weight.

So you are having surgery back home or with Dr. K? Are you nervous? I'm scared senseless. the first hernia repair which was bit s component separation knocked me on my ass. but you will be able to tell me what to expect. lol

I'm having surgery at home. I'm pretty anxious about it, but I'm also excited to get rid of this giant belly. I'm not worried about pain or recovery, I'm only worried about complications and being in the hospital longer than planned. I keep telling myself I can't possibly have complications -- again! I have 2 days pre-op of full and clear liquid diet of "carb loading" (Boost, Gatorade, protein drinks, etc.) that has me worried about having cramps and diarrhea for those days. I'm told the purpose is to clean me out anyway...

Re: the weight. He told me that a lot of the restriction is lost due to the expanded belly and for me that is true. After surgery, it should be easier to lose weight due to increased restriction (aka inability to eat!).

I'm having surgery at home. I'm pretty anxious about it, but I'm also excited to get rid of this giant belly. I'm not worried about pain or recovery, I'm only worried about complications and being in the hospital longer than planned. I keep telling myself I can't possibly have complications -- again! I have 2 days pre-op of full and clear liquid diet of "carb loading" (Boost, Gatorade, protein drinks, etc.) that has me worried about having cramps and diarrhea for those days. I'm told the purpose is to clean me out anyway...

Re: the weight. He told me that a lot of the restriction is lost due to the expanded belly and for me that is true. After surgery, it should be easier to lose weight due to increased restriction (aka inability to eat!).
on well that is good to know because I was just positive i needed a sleeve revision because I can eat normal size meals! I can eat an entire Lean Cuisine frozen meal. Before it would be 2 meals. Who is the "he" that you are referring to?

well it won't be long now. is the dr doing anything else with tummy repair. i asked Dr. K to do mý breast or arms with. i got a big fat NO! lol. Are you getting a belly button?

on well that is good to know because I was just positive i needed a sleeve revision because I can eat normal size meals! I can eat an entire Lean Cuisine frozen meal. Before it would be 2 meals. Who is the "he" that you are referring to?

well it won't be long now. is the dr doing anything else with tummy repair. i asked Dr. K to do mý breast or arms with. i got a big fat NO! lol. Are you getting a belly button?

Sorry, the "he" is Dr. K. Btw, you should not be eating Lean Cuisines. Remember? If you need a frozen meal Atkins meals are high pro and low carb. I have no idea about my belly button. I assumed it would be there when I woke up -- guess I will find out soon enough. My greatest concern is that the surgeon said he was going to have a tough time getting my stomach flat and said not to expect a flat stomach.

Sorry, the "he" is Dr. K. Btw, you should not be eating Lean Cuisines. Remember? If you need a frozen meal Atkins meals are high pro and low carb. I have no idea about my belly button. I assumed it would be there when I woke up -- guess I will find out soon enough. My greatest concern is that the surgeon said he was going to have a tough time getting my stomach flat and said not to expect a flat stomach.

I know about the Lean Cuisine. I discussed tgem with dr K. he would prefer I didn't but if it will keep me low calorie he'd prefer that over fast food.

WTF NOT ENOUGH TIME TO GET YOU FLAT? WHY? HOW MUCH TIME DOES HE NEED. PUTTING THE BB BACK TAKES A bit of TIME. SO IF I HAD A CHOICE GET ME FLAT OR BB. I'LL TAKE FLAT FOR 200 Alex! Also make sure he pulls up your who who if ge doesn't you will be so disappointed and horrified if you are anything like everyone else I know who got reconstruction on stomach area and the dr didn't pull it up.

I know about the Lean Cuisine. I discussed tgem with dr K. he would prefer I didn't but if it will keep me low calorie he'd prefer that over fast food.

WTF NOT ENOUGH TIME TO GET YOU FLAT? WHY? HOW MUCH TIME DOES HE NEED. PUTTING THE BB BACK TAKES A bit of TIME. SO IF I HAD A CHOICE GET ME FLAT OR BB. I'LL TAKE FLAT FOR 200 Alex! Also make sure he pulls up your who who if ge doesn't you will be so disappointed and horrified if you are anything like everyone else I know who got reconstruction on stomach area and the dr didn't pull it up.

No, not "enough time" but that he will have a TOUGH TIME trying to get my stomach flat. He said the muscles have spread so far not to count on having a flat stomach.

No, not "enough time" but that he will have a TOUGH TIME trying to get my stomach flat. He said the muscles have spread so far not to count on having a flat stomach.

Humm interesting thats why they do muscle work. just like they pull the skin from all directions to the middle then cut off the excess thats what they do with an abdominalplasty or component separation with the muscles. they usually don't do that for a tummy tuck In which they just remove excess skin and do no muscle work and close sny hernias . you may want to inquire into exactly what he is going to do unless not ending up flat isn't important to you.

Last edited:
Humm interesting thats why they do muscle work. just like they pull the skin from all directions to the middle then cut off the excess thats what they do with an abdominalplasty or component separation with the muscles. they usually don't do that for a tummy tuck In which they just remove excess skin and do no muscle work and close sny hernias . you may want to inquire into exactly what he is going to do unless not ending up flat isn't important to you. @Larra would you think what he is doing is more of a tummy tuck?

He is not doing a tummy tuck. I know what he is doing and have discussed it with Dr. K. No worries -

well no matter how bad it hurts lie to me and tell me it doesn't so I don't chicken pit like I did with it legs and arms when I got approved in 2001. lol

Latest posts

Back