ampt

WWBD? What would bacon do?
I did a search and didn't find it on this forum. I have heard about:

Canned chicken
Hormel bacon
Eggs
Cheese, cheese, cheese

Any particular brands or items?

Oh Costco is my happy place, especially since I moved down south and it's not a traumatic experience anymore ;)

The things that I pick up on a regular basis are:
Tequila lime chicken wings (frozen)
Precooked chicken meatballs
Chicken burgers
Frozen turkey burgers
Big packages of chop meat (hubby prefers to patty his own burgers and freeze them)
Smoked gouda
Brie
Muenster slices
Blue cheese
Queso fresco
Marinated mozzarella balls
Citterio rosemary ham
Rotisserie chicken
Bacon crumbles
Chicken thighs in tear apart packages of 5 that are easy to pop in the freezer
Steaks
Butter
Sour cream
Heavy cream & half n half
Bags of shredded Colby Jack
Detour protein bars
Beer brats
Kielbasa
Pecans
Almonds
Pistachios
Eggs

And so much more. I really find it cost effective to buy most of this stuff there and we use a lot of it quite quickly, and freeze quite a bit in individual meal portions too :)

Kirkland garlic olive oil.
They have good beef.
Make sure it is the Kirkland canned chicken.
Jerky!

Kirkland pulled pork, Jack Daniels barbecue beef. Cape Cod chicken salad. Ginormous bags of frozen shrimp and scallops when the wallet allows. Tilapia frozen in individual filets.

I checked my olive oil and it's called Annie's now, not Kirkland anymore.

Everything at Costco is giant size. Unless you have a really big freezer or a really big family, careful what you buy. You may end up throwing away more than you actually eat. I've been going to BJ's Warehouse more than Costco because they have a much better selection, some of the packages aren't so big, and they have a good selection of Organic products. I only go to Costco for bacon and tuna:)

Just got back. Is it me or does the Kirkland canned chicken smell & taste like tuna?
It does remind me a lot of tuna, which I don't mind, per se. I think it's the smell from the can and sitting in the water, plus it has the same flaky texture, but I don't think it's actually the taste.

Latest posts

Back