Cologuard

Justme222

Officially a DSer. Surgery 3/23/21
So I had my DS surgery in March 2021. My regular PCM tried to get me to have a routine colonoscopy screening as preventative test 3 months later. I was like... um.... no thank you. No family history. No symptoms......
So he offered the cologard screening as alternative. I said okay fine if it makes you feel better and it won't cost me anything. He assured me it was totally covered. I have tricare prime and go to a military treatment facility.
This was back in June, and everything comes back fine.
Fast forward to February 2022 and I get a bill out of the blue from cologuard for over $400. They show they invoiced tricare and they paid some, but not all of the cost and I have to pay the difference.
From what I have been able to research tricare prime will no longer cover cologuard unless you get a referral, but this change was just announced Nov 2021. So my question is, has this happened to anyone else and can they go back and invoice for a procedure that happened before the change in policy? I would think not!!! Damn greedy bastards.

So I had my DS surgery in March 2021. My regular PCM tried to get me to have a routine colonoscopy screening as preventative test 3 months later. I was like... um.... no thank you. No family history. No symptoms......
So he offered the cologard screening as alternative. I said okay fine if it makes you feel better and it won't cost me anything. He assured me it was totally covered. I have tricare prime and go to a military treatment facility.
This was back in June, and everything comes back fine.
Fast forward to February 2022 and I get a bill out of the blue from cologuard for over $400. They show they invoiced tricare and they paid some, but not all of the cost and I have to pay the difference.
From what I have been able to research tricare prime will no longer cover cologuard unless you get a referral, but this change was just announced Nov 2021. So my question is, has this happened to anyone else and can they go back and invoice for a procedure that happened before the change in policy? I would think not!!! Damn greedy bastards.
You had yours before they changed the criteria. I’d find a way to make them cover it based on date of service

Latest posts

Back