CHarris...update!

Liz, Jackie...If you need to, move this to its best location.

I just spoke to CHarris. She was out of the hospital just long enough to go home and end up getting sent to a SNF. She has been there three days and sounds EXHAUSTED.

Her legs are swollen to the point she cannot move them. They started her on Lasix.

And that's all I know. I wish I knew more or that we had some medically-savvy person in her area to go visit. When I sound like she does now, I just don't have the energy to think straight or make enough sense to make the demands that would help me.

I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Sorry. But what's an SNF???
And wow. Just hate hearing this. Charris certainly needs an advocate. She needs a champion that can talk to these knuckle heads, maybe throwing a few tantrums, the whole while screaming, "WTF are you doing to help Charris!? DAMMIT!"

I wish I were in a position to do so because what she's going through doesn't at all sound koshure. It sounds like a nightmare. I can't even begin to imagine her frustration.

J.

Sorry. But what's an SNF???
And wow. Just hate hearing this. Charris certainly needs an advocate. She needs a champion that can talk to these knuckle heads, maybe throwing a few tantrums, the whole while screaming, "WTF are you doing to help Charris!? DAMMIT!"

I wish I were in a position to do so because what she's going through doesn't at all sound koshure. It sounds like a nightmare. I can't even begin to imagine her frustration.

J.
Skilled Nursing Facility...aka Nursing Home. She said she is in the rehab section.

do that! one of the things that happens when you are in a SNF is THEIR doctor becomes your doctor. now, in theory they would consult with your real doctors, surgeons, whoever, right? but they may not; in fact probably not.

everybody in a nursing home needs an advocate. since she is in rehab the therapists should try to do it but it often isn't enough.

What is her "diagnosis?"

I'm guessing she doesn't have one or she would have mentioned it in her last post. sadly!

Latest posts

Back