CHarris...update!

Charris

Now an angel
I kept getting more and more things happen my primary was just saying it was low blood sugar and low blood pressure. I got a rash that has spread over my body. Then yesterday my stool was filled with bright blood. They said dr has not addressed the real issues the blood and the big one passing.

I had a cat scan of the head and abdominal cat scan. I had mri, eeg , 2d echo a full nuro work up. I think tomorrow I get a conolocop(sp?). If

They so far said I had UTI. They said my liver is not doing something with the clotting factor. My magnesium was non existent it was so low. My potassium was low.. Also my phosphorus was low and they gave me 2 bags of that. I was very dehydrated. So the hydrated me. DR said I'm malnourished. I was also low in something else. ALL the nuro stuff looks good . Was supposed to leave today but my blood sugars were 40.

Attachments

• 20140909_164606.jpg
    20140909_164606.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140909_114322.jpg
    20140909_114322.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140907_135129.jpg
    20140907_135129.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 33
Yikes :-O.

Here's something I really, really want you to internalize, my friend: STOP ASSUMING EVERYTHING IS ABOUT THE DS. You have some really serious stuff going on, and I'm scared for you. It's important that you please, pretty please, do NOT try to self diagnose or self treat once you get released from the hospital again, okay?

I know it's hard for you to put YOU first and be an aggressive self-advocate. But that's what has to be. The kids, grandkids, whoever else in your life that you have been putting first and wanting to take care of....they have to take a backseat. Focus only on YOU, y'hear?

****hugs*****

I'm glad you're being evaluated, and I'll be waiting on tenterhooks for updates.

Wow! Sounds like you are going through it @Charris, personifying the concept of "if it ain't one thang - it's something else."
I'm sorry all this stuff is happening with you. Here's hoping they find the issue and fix it ASAP. Thinking about you and hoping you start feeling better soon!

J.

@Charris...sending good thoughts your way.

Now, to bring home the "take care of yourself" that EN is advocating...PLEASE, because if you do not take care of YOU FIRST, how in the hell will you be there long term for everyone else. MY MIL put her health to the back seat when my fil was so ill...as a result, she is now dealing with health issues that she should not have to deal with. She didn't have a mammogram for 8 years...and is now paying the price. PLEASE, PLEASE remember, YOU FIRST. It's hard for any of us to put ourselves first, not genetically wired to that but we have to or we can not be there for others.

Ditto all above ^^^^^^. Sending you positive thoughts and hoping they figure it all out soon. It IS so hard for many of us to put our needs first but it is time. (((HUGS))))

Glad you finally in a place to get the answers you need. Hope they have you on the mend very soon :) Take care.

Is Dr. Keshishian in the loop on this? He should be in touch with your local doctors and, historically, he is very good about making sure they know all they need to know about his patients. If he participates, it is easier for everyone involved to figure out what IS DS related and what is not.

Charris, I was wondering what was up - I am saying a prayer for you, at least you are where you need to be so they can get to the bottom of whatever issue (or issues) it is.

big internet hugs, Charris!! :5grouphug:

@Charris while I am so sorry you have all this going on, I am so happy you are in the hospital getting it figured out. I hope they know what is the cause and are able to get you on the road to getting better quickly. Sending positive thoughts your way and a big :hugs:

Is Dr. Keshishian in the loop on this? He should be in touch with your local doctors and, historically, he is very good about making sure they know all they need to know about his patients. If he participates, it is easier for everyone involved to figure out what IS DS related and what is not.

I did email Dr K to keep him in the loop he hasn't responded yet.

Latest posts

Back