Another NSV :)

BebeZed

Today I had to drive to an appointment and I got in my car and noticed something - the steering wheel no longer was anywhere near my belly - there used to be NO space between belly and steering wheel. I actually moved the seat up a couple of inches and there's still a bit of space left...and now I don't have to go through all sorts of weird contortions to fully depress the clutch.

I'm glad I was in the car alone at that point because I was cheering and grinning like a fool... lol

@BebeZed , got a chuckle here. I had something similar - I thought the wife had changed the tilt on the steering wheel of my car. Kinda funny 'cuz she didn't know how to do that.

Enjoy discovering the little things and keep track of them to document your journey.

LOL...I'm so happy for you! Reminds me of the ole BTO song...."You aint seen nothing yet".....

You will find a lot of these. Being able to fly without struggling to get in without extender or having to ask for a seat belt extender (embarrassing as hell) was probably my favorite.

You will find a lot of these. Being able to fly without struggling to get in without extender or having to ask for a seat belt extender (embarrassing as hell) was probably my favorite.

Oh I *hated* having to ask for an extender! So embarrassing although the flight attendant was very nice and the guy sitting next to me didn't bat an eyelash or look disgusted (yes, I've seen people look disgusted when I asked before. How rude!). The thing is... I *almost* fit on my last flight. Two more inches and I would have been able to buckle it - something I've not been able to do since around 2006. I've had to fly first class since then because I couldn't fit in a coach seat - the armrest wouldn't go down. *sigh*

I will be able to do it next time I fly... I've scheduled a trip for August 2016 and I might even fly coach because by then I will be able to fit comfortably in the seat :D

@BebeZed, I understand about the seatbelt extender! I travel a couple weeks out of the month and probably a year or more ago bought my own seat belt extender. It was around 20 bucks and well worth it because of the reason you and others mention. The airlines say they don't allow user suppled SBE's but hell, I figured they would not mention it and was right. So, now, I don't need that sucker. I carried it with me the first couple trips after surgery but now it is tucked away in a drawer. Not sure what I am going to do with it...

It was ironic in several of my first trips after surgery flights got delayed and I was rebooked, once even on a different airline, and I ended up in the dreaded middle seat. It was WONDERFUL that I fit!!! and the arms went down. Seemed like the universe was reminding me that I was getting smaller.

it makes travel that much less stressful because I don't have to wonder if i will fit in the seat. Unless you have lived it, you don't understand the humiliation that goes along with it, and that humiliation is exacerbated by the looks, eye rolls, and comments of other passengers.

Congratulations on your NSV!! These are the things that you find Joy in. I was told "inches first, then pounds", I have noticed that to be true. Find Joy in these NSV's on your Journey to Healthiness! Hurray!!!

Latest posts

Back