The Joys of having an identical twin...

Caitlunn

AKA how to be 50 mins late for your upper endoscopy!!

THANK GOD I'm not having surgery done at my local hospital. What a joke! I'm still pre op, and had my scope this week, per my surgeon. It's been scheduled for a few weeks, and I noticed that when they sent me my informed consent in the mail, it had my sister's name on the envelope.

So I finally get ahold of the office after several unreturned phone calls, and somehow, they scheduled my appointment under my sister's name. I'm still pretty baffled by it. Basically, we have all the same information besides our first name, but unless it was some sort of drop down list or something, I'm not sure how it could have gotten confused. In any case, when I called, they said they would get it taken care of before my appointment.

Well, they didn't.

When I went to check in, I was told to go to the wrong part of the hospital because my name wasn't coming up on the schedule. It was very early in the morning, so it was hard to find anyone that could help us. We ended up getting back in the car at one point and driving to a different campus down the block--which was also wrong. Round and round again until finally they figured out where I should be.

I walk up to the window and see the hospital bracelet with my sisters name printed on it and man, I swear I lost my mind. And of course, it was a wild goose chase to get someone with the clearance to change an appointment. I'm sure they were very glad to get me checked in and out of their hair. I was NOT a happy camper. And of course, the nurses were all making jokes about it--even when I was in the OR! Like, sorry if I don't find that funny?

It was a good thing the doctor had his head on straight at least, though I'm not sure if my results have gotten to my surgeon's office--because of the mix up, they had all these weird doctor's names on them. Has anyone else had to try to decipher a scheduling nightmare while ring put under anesthesia??? LOL!

My son, Nathaniel King, went from K-6 with Nathan King. Their paperwork was mixed up even BEFORE kindergarten started (the school didn't process my son's registration papers, thinking they were duplicates). It was a nightmare.

My husband's name is Allen and his mother's name was Aileen. When Aileen died, the bank froze Allen's accounts, thinking it was him. What a mess!

These stories are great XD Scope came back pretty well, if anyone is interested. Some swelling in my lower esophagus from reflux. Talked to my surgeon's office today, they didn't have the results (of course) but they called the hospital here to have them sent over. Hopefully it gets taken care of soon--I'm getting antsy lol

These stories are great XD Scope came back pretty well, if anyone is interested. Some swelling in my lower esophagus from reflux. Talked to my surgeon's office today, they didn't have the results (of course) but they called the hospital here to have them sent over. Hopefully it gets taken care of soon--I'm getting antsy lol
Glad you got the results.

Latest posts

Back