Another newbie

Welcome

Unless I am missing something, and I assume this is your surgeon based on the information under you Avatar, his site doesn't list the DS procedure under surgical options

Please be certain that you are getting a DS. You do not want anything else....no SADI and definitely no RnY.

I am getting the full DS. He is just starting to perform this surgery so I guess that's why it's not on the website yet. Thanks!

If it attached correctly, I am posting a snapshot of what my chart says I am getting. The dr office told me they consider all the other DS surgeries experimental.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 8
If it attached correctly, I am posting a snapshot of what my chart says I am getting. The dr office told me they consider all the other DS surgeries experimental.
Just to be clear, there is only one DS so we get a little defensive when other procedures are called a DS. The SADI/SIPS is not a DS regardless of what some try to call it.

Great news you are getting the real deal!

Well, it does say that, BUT we have had other surgeons SAY that (one in FL comes to mind) and EVEN had the picture of the traditional DS on his web site for quite some time. But in reading operative reports that people have posted that used him, we found that he LIED. That's why I say, get him to actually draw it for you.

My husband's surgeon sat with us and drew a quick and dirty diagram of the DS back in 2010...and he pointed out all the parts. So we knew what he was getting.

We aren't saying that you won't get a traditional DS but in the last 2+ years too many have been burned with the SADI/LoopDS/SIPS instead. Just be sure for your own satisfaction.

As you can see, we are not a group that blindly trusts medical professionals, but we have seen so much crap that our caution is justified. Sad, but necessary.
On the other hand, it's always great to hear about more surgeons starting to offer the DS, as that will make it easier for more patients, so please do let us know after you've had a chance to confirm the details of the operation. More resources are always welcome.

Latest posts

Back