Another newbie

Welcome... You will get more responses to your questions here than you could ever imagine.. This is a GREAT group.

One thing I'm sure will be advised is to make sure you are getting a full DS and not a loop.

As far as recovery, I think the VSG is what makes it had, and the DS just helps it be more effective long term. I'm sure you'll do great.

But remember your vitamins are WAY more important with this revision. Good luck!

Wow, you sure got here fast! Welcome! You will find this group to be very well informed and proactive.

Hi Blue, I just had a revision from a VSG to DS about 2 weeks ago and I'm doing good. This site has been a godsend. I hope you get as much support as I got.

Welcome, Blue!

I know it's the last minute and you're anxious to get on with it, but please get it in writing before Monday that you are getting a real DS with TWO anastomoses, preferably with limbs based on the Hess method. If it is being called a DS but you will only get one anastoma, you are NOT GETTING A TRUE DS, rather you are being given a Loop DS/SADI/SIPS for which there is no data to support its weight loss effectiveness (it does not have the significant malabsorption of a true DS), nor does it arrest co-morbidities (diabetes, high cholesterol, etc) as does a true DS. Furthermore, insurance dubs this an experimental procedure and will not pay for it unless surgeon commits fraud and calls it a DS. (If insurance finds out about this fraud, they have been known to refuse to pay and leave the patient responsible for the bill.) Ask him if he is doing a true DS and how many DS surgeries he has performed. Again, I know you're excited to start losing but don't settle for an inadequate surgery that may not allow you to achieve the weight loss you need just because you feel under time pressure.

Welcome... You will get more responses to your questions here than you could ever imagine.. This is a GREAT group.

One thing I'm sure will be advised is to make sure you are getting a full DS and not a loop.

As far as recovery, I think the VSG is what makes it had, and the DS just helps it be more effective long term. I'm sure you'll do great.

But remember your vitamins are WAY more important with this revision. Good luck!

I called my doctors office and they told me they told me it will be a full DS. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back