And, not everything comes to a halt...

Some people are single parents and have no choices. I know some moms who were getting some stink looks because they had to go into the store with their kids. Grocery pickup and delivery is scheduled for a week out for most stores and there's hardly any meat. One has better luck going to the store to get what you need. This is in DFW. There are limits on certain items too.

Update on niece. Her back hurt her bad enough today that she called in about it. Covid hotline said thats part of the virus. Family peanut gallery is giving good advice about inactivity and stretching.

80ish relative has been moved to that retirement communitys covid recovery and therapy site in nearby Frankenmuth. Pneumonia and wheezing gone, never on vent.

Our governor is tightening our rules even further, and the natives are restless and protesting. No lumber sales, no garden centers open, and now we cannot visit other relatives (most of us werent anyway) and masks are mandatory when shopping in most stores, with one way traffic.

I am still making masks privately. If anyone wants one, PM me here and I will make you one.

Some people are single parents and have no choices. I know some moms who were getting some stink looks because they had to go into the store with their kids. Grocery pickup and delivery is scheduled for a week out for most stores and there's hardly any meat. One has better luck going to the store to get what you need. This is in DFW. There are limits on certain items too.
We have had limits on ALL items for some weeks now. TP is non existent. People are resorting to using other ways to clean themselves. I predicted this, IIRC, in an earlier post.

It has been reported that you can still buy those huge industrial or commercial TP rolls, but not here.

We have had limits on ALL items for some weeks now. TP is non existent. People are resorting to using other ways to clean themselves. I predicted this, IIRC, in an earlier post.

It has been reported that you can still buy those huge industrial or commercial TP rolls, but not here.

I'm the Chief Procurement Officer in our home. We live in a hotspot and are high risk so are trying to have all groceries and supplies delivered to our doorstep.

I've had some shipping success with target.com, staples.com and amazon.com, mainly buying weird bulk items, like paper towels of the sort that hang in the metal containers that hang on ladies room walls.

There's a local dairy that delivers milk, oj, meats, bread etc. once a week, but no produce. We belong to a CSA, but that doesn't start up until June.

With Instacart and grocery delivery being near impossible, and shortages in the wiping arena, produce and paper goods and cleaners were the thorn in my side.

I had been sourcing fruit from Harry and David, but that was getting pricey - and I wanted bananas. (Actually, my mom and husband did, as I'm not a banana fan.) A friend tipped me off about Quill.com. It's like staples, but online only. Oddly, it has fresh produce available in its breakroom treat section - specifically bananas, apples and oranges.

Anyway, Quill also has delivered for me in the tp and sanitizing wipes department.

I don't see any tp available in in stock there now, but they keep getting things in, so maybe check there from time-to-time?

I'm the Chief Procurement Officer in our home. We live in a hotspot and are high risk so are trying to have all groceries and supplies delivered to our doorstep.

I've had some shipping success with target.com, staples.com and amazon.com, mainly buying weird bulk items, like paper towels of the sort that hang in the metal containers that hang on ladies room walls.

There's a local dairy that delivers milk, oj, meats, bread etc. once a week, but no produce. We belong to a CSA, but that doesn't start up until June.

With Instacart and grocery delivery being near impossible, and shortages in the wiping arena, produce and paper goods and cleaners were the thorn in my side.

I had been sourcing fruit from Harry and David, but that was getting pricey - and I wanted bananas. (Actually, my mom and husband did, as I'm not a banana fan.) A friend tipped me off about Quill.com. It's like staples, but online only. Oddly, it has fresh produce available in its breakroom treat section - specifically bananas, apples and oranges.

Anyway, Quill also has delivered for me in the tp and sanitizing wipes department.

I don't see any tp available in in stock there now, but they keep getting things in, so maybe check there from time-to-time?

Also, anyone who doesn’t have lots of money, a tp connection, plumbing skills or a bidet can get a cheap, easy-to-install bidet attachment. That will cut down on the amount of tp needed.

Also, anyone who doesn’t have lots of money, a tp connection, plumbing skills or a bidet can get a cheap, easy-to-install bidet attachment. That will cut down on the amount of tp needed.

Great point!

We have a bidet attachment (cold water dual nozzle Geniebidet). It is fantastic.

We aspire to a future remodel that will bring us the wiring/plumbing for a real Japanese toilet with warm bidet, music, etc. :)

Great point!

We have a bidet attachment (cold water dual nozzle Geniebidet). It is fantastic.

We aspire to a future remodel that will bring us the wiring/plumbing for a real Japanese toilet with warm bidet, music, etc. :)

Might I suggest Diana as your advisor on the “high-end rear-end cleaners?” I think hers do the normal stuff, plus make running water noises to encourage urination and then sing O Fortuna Carmina Burana as she exits the bathroom. Very impressive.

My recommendations for features that are preferred. I have two bidets, one in my house (Toto Washlet S550e, $1000 +/- $150 depending on where you buy) and one in the RV (BioBidet Slim 2, about $300, sometimes on sale for $200):

Warm water: T,B - necessary
Unlimited (instant hot): T - nice
Heated toilet seat: T,B - nice
Adjustable position of wand: T,B - necessary
Adjustable pressure, oscillation, pulse: T,B - necessary
Remote control: T,B - I consider it necessary because otherwise the remote is on the side of the bowl, harder to adjust, and gets aerosolized toilet flush water on it
Remote has two personalized user settings: T - nice
Air dryer: T - expensive and useless - nobody has time to sit and air dry with a light fan breeze
Night light: T,B
Self-cleaning wand: T - nice
Auto seat lifter: T - nice
Bowl prespray: T - nice
Deodorizing filter fan for during: T - nice
Ozonized water post-flush spray: T - can’t say it does anything. Bowl still gets dirty after a while.
For the house toilet, I also bought a compatible super slick Toto toilet bowl - as I said above, it still gets dirty under the water line, but flushes pretty well.

Something I learned today, very interesting. The covid figures are extremely dubious to me now, after learning that unless you are sick enough to be admitted, covid tests are not performed. In Detroit, this is especially true.

Case in point, the niece was never tested! The 80ish relative was not tested! Presumptively positive, based on exposure and symptoms.

The niece has confirmed that this data is not reported.

My recommendations for features that are preferred. I have two bidets, one in my house (Toto Washlet S550e, $1000 +/- $150 depending on where you buy) and one in the RV (BioBidet Slim 2, about $300, sometimes on sale for $200):

Warm water: T,B - necessary
Unlimited (instant hot): T - nice
Heated toilet seat: T,B - nice
Adjustable position of wand: T,B - necessary
Adjustable pressure, oscillation, pulse: T,B - necessary
Remote control: T,B - I consider it necessary because otherwise the remote is on the side of the bowl, harder to adjust, and gets aerosolized toilet flush water on it
Remote has two personalized user settings: T - nice
Air dryer: T - expensive and useless - nobody has time to sit and air dry with a light fan breeze
Night light: T,B
Self-cleaning wand: T - nice
Auto seat lifter: T - nice
Bowl prespray: T - nice
Deodorizing filter fan for during: T - nice
Ozonized water post-flush spray: T - can’t say it does anything. Bowl still gets dirty after a while.
For the house toilet, I also bought a compatible super slick Toto toilet bowl - as I said above, it still gets dirty under the water line, but flushes pretty well.

Thanks! I can see why the warm water is on the necessary list. The cold water we have with the GeneBidet attachment is bracing-bbrrrrrrr!
I'm surprised about the air dryer not making the cut, because otherwise aren't you still paper-dependent? Maybe it needs to be superpowerful, like a Dyson. I guess then it would be aersolizing all kinds of germs, IDK.

Latest posts

Back