And, not everything comes to a halt...

I use a small amount of TP to pat dry. But some people have a personal towel for each family member. In years of using the bidet, have noticed a smidge of detritus on the TP maybe 3 times, when I had a particularly sticky poop. It is really effective at washing.

I use a small amount of TP to pat dry. But some people have a personal towel for each family member. In years of using the bidet, have noticed a smidge of detritus on the TP maybe 3 times, when I had a particularly sticky poop. It is really effective at washing.

Maybe I'm using the bidet seat wrong. I come out perfectly clean, but very damp!

Interest rates would have to get down to about 2.5% for us to proceed.

There is a SLIM chance that will happen...and I don’t mean 2.5% with 8 points or some stupid thing. LOL

Necropost #1–We DID refi, at 2.25% and ZERO points. (Well, on paper, there may have been some fee for points, but ZERO, NADA, ZILCH was added to our loan balance. So if there were points, there were covered by “lender’s credits,” because I am persistent as hell and a smart person told me some magic words to use.)

Our cash-out refi will be funded on Monday. Charles has refused to do any preparations for remodeling until it was in the bank. I have $90K to play with, but I really don’t want to spend it all, because we’re going to have to supplement our social security with it until my retirement accounts go back to where they were. Or at least closer.

So this is the list:
  • Redo the irrigation system
  • Pour concrete pads for storage shed(s) and hot tub
  • Replenish rock on the xeriscape
  • Buy hot tub and storage sheds
  • Gut kitchen - maybe
  • Cut down bar behind sink to counter height
  • Replace cabinets to taller ones
  • Make coat room into a pantry
  • Vented quiet hood
  • New stove - gas oven, gas and induction cooktop
  • New dishwasher
  • Granite countertops - I am SO sick of disgusting groady tile and grout counters!
  • Maybe include a small second sink on the counter behind the sink?
  • Paint most of the colorful walls a bit more muted colors (but not white!)
  • Replace bathroom cabinets
  • Replace some funky bathroom windows that came apart inside
  • Replace carpets in master bedroom and office with something else, and in bathrooms - the tile floors are slippery when wet, and the cats barf on the carpets.
  • More insulation under the roof
  • Set aside $$ for inevitable need for new A/C units (we have a home warranty but will want to upgrade)
  • Decorative security screen for the front door so we can leave it open for cross-ventilation on the many nice days.
Here’s a link to the house when it was for sale - we haven’t done much to it except add solar and enclose the backyard with a gated wall. https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Goodyear/3191-N-150th-Ave-85395/home/27930896

I’m not sure how much of this we can do. But I’m looking forward to figuring it out.

Oh, and while the inside work going on, we will be taking the RV over to the RV park nearby and staying in it, so we don’t have to live in the dust and worry about the cats getting out.

Necropost #2–Speaking of “we’re going to have to supplement our social security,” you will feel wealthy as hell upon reading this: MrSue just turned 68. If he starts collecting his SS now, his net, after Medicare deduction, will be…are you ready?

Wanna wait for it?

Can you handle it?

Now?

Eight-three dollars a month. Yup. $83/month.

Fat City!

Necropost #2–Speaking of “we’re going to have to supplement our social security,” you will feel wealthy as hell upon reading this: MrSue just turned 68. If he starts collecting his SS now, his net, after Medicare deduction, will be…are you ready?

Wanna wait for it?

Can you handle it?

Now?

Eight-three dollars a month. Yup. $83/month.

Fat City!
That is rude and awful!

That is rude and awful!

Yes. Victim of the ”Windfall Elimination Provision.”

He didn’t work that many years under social security. He worked for a quasi-governmental agency most of his life and that’s where his (real) pension comes from. But he DID work in private industry and his Army time counts, so his SS would have been around $700/mo. But he is penalized $480/mo because he has that other pension. (He would not be penalized if his other pension were from a private company or union.) And then you subtract for Medicare.

I wonder where we’ll spend it all!

BTW, my SS is similarly penalized for $480/mo. But after Medicare, I net a WHOPPING $252/mo. So, I can Party On!

Also, BTW…we’re not broke. This is not a subtle request for Financial Aid. But it is unfair.

Yes. Victim of the ”Windfall Elimination Provision.”

He didn’t work that many years under social security. He worked for a quasi-governmental agency most of his life and that’s where his (real) pension comes from. But he DID work in private industry and his Army time counts, so his SS would have been around $700/mo. But he is penalized $480/mo because he has that other pension. (He would not be penalized if his other pension were from a private company or union.) And then you subtract for Medicare.

I wonder where we’ll spend it all!

BTW, my SS is similarly penalized for $480/mo. But after Medicare, I net a WHOPPING $252/mo. So, I can Party On!

Also, BTW…we’re not broke. This is not a subtle request for Financial Aid. But it is unfair.
It is unfair.

I get SSDI and get the same amount as my mom who worked her entire life. It’s insulting to both of us because it definitely isn’t enough to live on but especially for her.

This also should annoy you; my children each receive a little bit less SS than your spouse. I am not saying they don’t deserve it because they do and I worked for it but he deserves more and shouldn’t be penalized for it. They tell you it’s so low because we aren’t supposed to depend on it alone. Or at least that’s what they said about my son getting SSI when he turns 18 because he is multiply disabled. We are somehow supposed to provide income for him that doesn’t penalize him when I am already disabled! It feels like our country hates disabled and/or older people!

Latest posts

Back