And, not everything comes to a halt...

Morons.

“Brummert said aside from the (1) pharmacist and her (2) husband, who (3) grocery shops but is temporarily living in a separate room, the only other person she’s come into contact with is a (4) woman who volunteered to drop off groceries at her doorstep once. Brummert said the woman later tested positive for COVID-19.

“I barely had any contact,” she said. “I didn’t even touch her.”

Brummert said she gets the (5)mail every few days, but always wears gloves. However, she didn’t think to wear gloves when bringing in (6) packages from her front porch.”

I’m almost out of (gluten-free) cookies. My oven is here, but not connected.

HOWEVER, I was a Girl Scout leader. So I know how to bake with a cardboard oven.

(I also have a daughter who likes to bake, but she’s NOT my only option! LOL)

One of my brother‘s close friends has tested positive for Covid-19. He has been hospitalized twice. He said he is petrified because he did not fit any of the quoted high risk categories except being African-America. he said what terrified him the most was the stark fear he saw on the faces of his nurses and doctors. He said he was treated appropriately but it was almost as if no one expected him to survive. He was released from the hospital but had to be readmitted. He is still struggling with shortness of breath and communicates by texting. He says talking takes to much energy. He is frightened for his wife 2 children and hisMother who relies on him heavily. This virus is such a nightmare.

MsVee I'm so sorry about your brother's friend! I hope he'll be on the mend soon. It is indeed very frightening, and many patients don't fit any of the high risk categories, which is why all of us need to be careful.
Wishing him well!

Another family member has it, this one an 80 yo assisted living lady w alzheimers. Very eccentric, one of my favorite people. She is hospitalized.

Still making masks on my own, out of recycled mens shirts. Best fabric ever. Adjustable this time. DIL is selling them on line now. The hospital contract is suspended for now. They have enough. We made several thousand.

Okay. FWIW, this is what I have observed happening. Cashiers at grocery stores and healthcare workers are getting infected. Assisted living and retirement homes are hotbeds, of course. Most of them recover with mild symptoms here. Only a very small number die, and they have risk factors: age, lung disease, health.

So in other states not hit yet, plexiglass should be put at checkouts. Employees should be temp checked before each shift. Wiping handles and keypads down. Getting rid of garbage lids that must be touched. Wiping carts down. Taking no returns, closing bottle returns.

No kids with shoppers. Kids cannot follow safe precautions, they touch everything and their faces. They are cute little vectors.

How the people get it that I know is by someone who lives with an infected person. Shipt shoppers are a HUGE risk. (Personal shoppers) The virus dies after some hours, but groceries have to be put away if perishable, so thats the risk.

So its apparent that covid spreads BEFORE you are symptomatic. Which is why this SD (social distancing) works.

This is just my experience.

The niece is on day 8, and is improving. She is in her 40s.

Latest posts

Back