Am I hallucinating?

geez, SB.

I'm sorry about the death, and all the stress. if I had Valium, I'd share with you.

I would love to camp in your driveway but I don’t know if there’s room for the slides! And Dad’s with us now ... of course he’s still good in the role of therapist, if you don’t mind him repeating his good advice a few times.

You need a vacay. Not a pilgrimage for a purpose, but a fun trip.

The forgetfulness is getting bad over here - not just Dad, but Charles too. And, he claims, me as well.

geez, SB.

I'm sorry about the death, and all the stress. if I had Valium, I'd share with you.
Given my history, ir you had Valium, I’d probably steal some of it from you. I never actually DID that…but there came a time I realized I probably could do that, so I had to not take it at all, ever.

I would love to camp in your driveway but I don’t know if there’s room for the slides! And Dad’s with us now ... of course he’s still good in the role of therapist, if you don’t mind him repeating his good advice a few times.

You need a vacay. Not a pilgrimage for a purpose, but a fun trip.

The forgetfulness is getting bad over here - not just Dad, but Charles too. And, he claims, me as well.

There is not room. Driveway is on the property line and you’d have to come in past my driveway gate, which you could not do without destroying said $3,000 gate. Otherwise, you’d park on an uncomfortable grade AND block access to our front door.

Alas, vacations are no longer a fun thing. All I want to do is go home. Take your calcium. Osteoporosis, especially added to my other maladies, is no fun.

You are way past up to your ass in alligators. I, also, don't have any valium. But if you're into an occasional adult beverage, I recommend a nice cup of de-caf coffee with Five Farms Irish cream. Or the Irish cream without the coffee. Seriously delicious, best served cold.

Wow. I'm sorry. That's way too much. Hoping things get better quickly. So how on earth do you pull it together to deliver cinnamon rolls during all this?

Wow. I'm sorry. That's way too much. Hoping things get better quickly. So how on earth do you pull it together to deliver cinnamon rolls during all this?

LOL...we were at IKEA, learning that a few cabinets...but not hardware, taxes, delivery, countertops, or installation will run about $6800. As we left, we just happened to notice ALL the gluten free junk food and the cinnamon rolls. My part was heating and delivering them.

BUT COMBO GOOD-BAD NEWS?
Cardiovascular surgeon says he would like to squeeze BIL in asap. However, BIL is stable at the moment and the surgeon has waiting patients who have traveled and whose families have taken time off work and are holed up in hotels because of promised surgery dates. AND, BIL‘s surgery will take ALL DAY, so the surgeon would have to reschedule several patients. I really like that he was being that considerate of those other patients.

So, they sent him home and BIL has to NOT have any more crises for a week. We are very fortunate to have a kind, loving, caring, RN in our chosen family. He works a desk job right now, just a couple of miles away (not the usual 7-7 shift that he usually works) and he will stop by after work every day to monitor BIL‘s vitals and answer questions and offer suggestions.

But we’re all “waiting to exhale.”

I understand why you aren't, but I wish you were on facebook so I could "see" you more often.

Spiky Bugger How's everything going? Is BIL ok? Are you ok?

Thanks for asking.

So, ”everything“ huh? LOL

MrSue had his lung CT scan last Monday and his brain MRI on Friday.
•This Monday, my massive dental stuff should be completed.
•Tuesday is BIL‘s pre-op stuff (he’s already had his veins mapped); I go to uro’s go for kidney ultrasound.
•Wednesday at 5:30 am BIL reports in to join “The Zipper Club“; at 9:40, I go to my hematologist (my Iron Connection, but the labs look good); then back to the uro’s at 2:45 pm to see if/how my 7mm stone has changed in the last few months; then to BIL’s hospital to hold hands with my sister.
•Then a week from Tuesday, to Keshishian’s for a Vit D jolt...Vitamin D and Calcium weren’t great, PTH was too high.

But the plumbers set us up with a freebie temporary sink and replaced old pipes from kitchen to sewer line. The sketchy drywall guy is jonesing to get to work, but I’m awaiting bids from the reliable places.

So...just a typical week, right?

Meanwhile, if your dad is on pain meds and still hurting, don’t forget the OTC drug tests!

Sounds like the week after next is the one to which to look forward, as much of this will be behind you. I'm hoping all the medical and dental business will be sorted by then and you'll have some respite. Stay strong!

Latest posts

Back