Am I hallucinating?

Spiky Bugger

Granted, there’s A LOT of stressful stuff going on here...my kitchen is gutted and its former contents are strewn far and wide; I can’t find a path for the housekeepers, so no cleaning services in sight; my nephew’s FIL was pronounced dead on his bedroom floor this morning and his 50-something druggy daughter, who lived there for free, was caught stealing her dead parents’ jewelry; we apparently overworked our handyman-type helper yesterday, so he slept in today and work here stopped; I had a lower front tooth extracted to accommodate some work, but must wait two weeks with an ugly gap in my smile; MrSue’s recent chest x-ray and CT scan of his chest shows scar tissue and probably the beginnings of emphysema; and my BIL (dad of the aforementioned nephew) who is always trying to die, had the same dinner as my sister (who is fine), he has no fever, but has spent 12 hours upchucking...so it wouldn’t surprise me if I’ve overlooked something here, but...did my package leave Indianapolis, arrive in KY, and again leave Indianapolis without ever going back there after the first departure?

The fate of your magical package has nothing to do with whether or not you are hallucinating, so I can't answer that question.

Package is in the magical land of Kentuckiana. FWIW, I think I went to a wedding in a barn there where moonshine was served, but that's a story for another day.

I'm so sorry for all of the stress you are under. Hang in there!

Last edited:
my nephew’s FIL was pronounced dead on his bedroom floor this morning and his 50-something druggy daughter, who lived there for free, was caught stealing her dead parents’ jewelry
:oops:

lordy, I'm sorry for so many troubles!

as for the package, who knows what's going on, when I track my deliveries sometimes they do weird-ass stuff....

We have hallucinations here too. Dad keeps misplacing or overlooking his readers and sunglasses, and his comb, so he asks me to buy him new ones a couple of times a day. He can’t find his ATM card, so back to the bank - we found some documentation that he was a vet (not his DD214, but an official looking card from the Army that says he was honorably discharged) so we can get him a veteran account from Chase (I have POA) with free checks and some other benefits.

Meanwhile, his ladyfriend has been trying to find foster homes in CA near Palo Alto for him to move back to which he says he’s not interested in, but we’ve overheard him saying things to her on the phone that are inconsistent. And she can’t find a whole DRAWER from his nightstand which she thought he might have packed in the boxes she sent, but we looked through them and didn’t find it.

I’m going to get him involved with some social stuff ASAP to distract him. And try to get him to stop slapping his hands and yelling at the cats who are trying to make friends with him.

oh, dear, I am sorry he is yelling at the cats, I hope he gets used to them soon.

I'm so glad to hear you have POA so she can make whatever plans she wants but she can't actually do anything. it seems so selfish she wants him nearby still. ☹️

:oops:

lordy, I'm sorry for so many troubles!

as for the package, who knows what's going on, when I track my deliveries sometimes they do weird-ass stuff....

Annnnd...BIL was just a direct admit to the hospital...again. Only info...systolic BP is 40. Provably dehydrated. Again.

My poor nephew and his wife were driving home from her dead dad’s house when I told them that his dad was enrte hospital.

Lotsa crazy around here right now.

EDITED TO CORRECT BP: It was 60/40.

Last edited:
keeps misplacing or overlooking his readers and sunglasses
Hell, I keep overlooking my readers. I'll get up with them on, take them off near the kitchen or in the bedroom and then forget I did that. Sit back down and have to get back up to find where I left them. I currently have 5 pair around the house. One next to the bed, one in the kitchen, one in my purse, one IN the divider that's part of the theater seat, and one that is usually on my nose. Then I keep two pair of sunglasses in the truck. One a regular pair and one is a pair of reader/sunglasses.

Both his readers and sunglasses are on chains. The issue to me is the cognitive problem that he can look at them and not “see” them as what he is looking for.

I don’t think he can get USAA insurance since he doesn’t own anything to insure.

Charles and Dad are supposed to start walking together today. Waiting to see if it happens. In some ways, Charles is in worse shape than Dad after many months of being ill.

Sue - I hope your BIL can come back again from this latest crisis. And that things improve for all of you!

Hell, I keep overlooking my readers. I'll get up with them on, take them off near the kitchen or in the bedroom and then forget I did that. Sit back down and have to get back up to find where I left them. I currently have 5 pair around the house. One next to the bed, one in the kitchen, one in my purse, one IN the divider that's part of the theater seat, and one that is usually on my nose. Then I keep two pair of sunglasses in the truck. One a regular pair and one is a pair of reader/sunglasses.

I wear glasses for distance viewing / tv / driving only as I could never adjust to bifocals. I keep pairs in both my and Charles' car, in my purse, laptop bag, main suitcase, bedside, living room, my mom's apartment and dad's unit at memory care. Cars and bags have regular pairs and sunglasses too. All have slightly different prescriptions from over the years. I keep the most recent / accurate ones in the vehicles.

Charles and Dad are supposed to start walking together today. Waiting to see if it happens. In some ways, Charles is in worse shape than Dad after many months of being ill.

Walking is good! Based on info the video Sue posted, I purchased a few books of welll-known poems and am reading them to / with my dad - I highly recommend.

Lotsa crazy around here right now.

So sorry. Hang in there!

Last edited:
Does anyone know a shrink who is also a general contractor? Also, a drug dealer? I don’t have time for THREE appointments.

( DianaCox , I know Charles is busy and there’s no RV parking on my street.)

Updates

Currently dead: my 9-year-old friend’s paternal grandfather and maternal great-grandmother; my good nephew’s FIL.

Currently trying to die: my BIL, hospitalized for the past week, undergoing vein mapping prior to quadruple coronary bypass and aortic valve replacement.

Currently digging out: my good nephew—son of aforementioned BIL—paid $500 to 1-800-GOT-JUNK and rented a dumpster and organized a bucket brigade to clean 40+ years of STUFF (plus dead rodents) out of his currently dead FIL’s house. (He’d like to evict the deadbeat relatives AND go on his planned-for-a-long-time-and-paid-for vacation, but, you know...). Oh, in a little while, I‘m taking his work crew cinnamon rolls. (For the record, this is NOT a shack in the industrial district. It’s an under-2000-square-foot, 3-bedroom, 2-bath house which will sell for just about a million dollars. And then the buyers will knock the house down...land value, you know.)

Currently living with someone who is doing weird shit again: me. Yesterday’s conversation went...
Me: Honey, where’s the folder from IKEA?
Him: You have it.
Me: No. Last I saw it, it was in the car.
Him: <tension in his voice rising> No, I brought it in and put it on that chair, with your iPad, so you must have moved it.
Me: Will you check the car?
Wash, rinse, repeat a few times, then...
Him: <VISIBLY BECOMING ANGRY AT MY FORGETFULNESS> I already did. It’s not there. <He resumes looking in all the places I probably put it>
Me: Please, one more time, the car?
Him: Shit! <as he storms outside>

I look at MiniSue’s boyfriend, who has been observing in confusion, pick up my iPad, turn on my Ring backyard camera, and watch MrSue walking back from the garage with the IKEA folder in hand.

This doesn’t happen every day. But often enough. So next Friday, another brain scan...or I need a Valium connection so I stop giving a rat’s ass about things making sense.

Also, this, but even the few remaining cabinets are gone, is still my kitchen...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back