why I am having wine for breakfast

JackieOnLine

Staff member
so....did all kinds of stuff to be ready for the truck to deliver my stuff at 8 AM most importantly reassure my boss that I could find my social security card today and present it so that my I9 can be completed (is that what it is? proves I'm a citizen and I can work) since Corporate won't issue me computer access until we have that.

I have until today to present it or the patients I treated Monday can't be billed and it's a huge problem. gah!

so up at 5, almost ready for truck - driver calls to say he will be late, has to pick up his helper in Reno; helper wouldn't meet him here since it is "too far" - apparently someone doesn't realize that Carson City and Reno aren't in the same place.

now I get a call the 395 is closed to trucks due to high wind. relayed that info to my boss who was a bit short with me ....I know: she is busy, almost time for her stand up meeting...even though it isn't my fault I am still a problem to her....

so - after a piece of string cheese I am drinking some wine. waiting. wishing I could spend this time UNPACKING and finding stuff I need. like that social security card.

while I suppose I should have known not to pack it? in my defense, the e-mail with the list of stuff I was supposed to bring my first day arrived after the truck had already picked up my stuff.

blarg! :rolleyes:

Oh man! Sorry! Self medicating does seem to be in order here... Things will work out, but very very stressful for you!:5eeek::006:

funny-memes-glass-half-empty
Glass-half-empty.jpg

Is this a " transfer" within your same company? Because...could Oregon send her a copy to shut her up for the moment?

ETA... Red or white?

There are other forms of ID that can satisfy the I-9 process - if they aren't in the same moving box as the SS card. The best ID is a US passport, because it can be used on a standalone basis. E.g. Acceptable forms of ID include US passport, or a combination of (driver's license or voter registration card or military card or school id) PLUS (SS card or birth certificate or citizen ID)...

found it! in the box I labeled "file pile" because it was stuff I was meaning to sort and put away or shred. now I'm good.

it was white, a slightly too sweet Reisling.

oh, it's so good to see my couch again - my butt is happy and all three dogs are sacked out on it.

YAY!!

Is this a " transfer" within your same company?
nope, brand new company and despite some issues/challenges - it is already 12 million times better than the last one. where should I go to write my scathing review of working there, by the way? glass door? where else? because they SUCKED.

this place is normal, there are issues but I can deal.

and now all my stuff is in the house and my dogs are 2/3 asleep already (Bunny was SO stressed from all the strangers) and I can shower & put on clean clothes and do a grocery store run and unpack.

whew! :cloud9:

There's a lot to be said for happy butts and a place for dogs to sack out. Happy to hear you survived the move enough to have a place to sit.

and I have the day off - my boss didn't want to schedule any patients with me and I did not discourage her. now I can shower and bring her the paperwork and get my TB screen read and do a grocery run and LAY ON MY COUCH...um, I mean unpack. ;)

now if Fritz would stop peeing where ever he wants we'd be fine. but NO carpet, so it's not too bad.

and it turns out the floors are all laminate - looks so good in places I thought it was hard wood! so, even better.

@southernlady - dunno if it would work but I don't have a smart phone, so I texted you a photo of all three dogs sacked out on the couch seconds after the moving men left. the dogs are exhausted! if you can, will you post it?

Stick to the lay on the couch and wine - you deserve it! Moving and a new job are both among the most stressful experiences. Love that you are making a better future for yourself! I'm rethinking my career choices and am envious of those who are strong enough to take the ball and run with it! Wishing you and the puppies all the best in your new home!

So glad you could find your CORKSCREW. Whew. Crisis averted.

So, who is the Pisser? My guess would be the brown one, looking all "in charge".

So glad you could find your CORKSCREW. Whew. Crisis averted.

So, who is the Pisser? My guess would be the brown one, looking all "in charge".

yep, the brown one is Fritz, aka The Urinator, he is the smallest but considers himself Top Dog - the other two almost always let him get away with it.

after the dog attack he seemed fine but then the move and he found poop in the back yard and when I took it out of his mouth he snapped at me - then I really yelled at him and he went for Sammie, the big white one.

he had better get over this. I think that and the peeing in the house is due to all this stress. we just had him checked at the new vet and he is fine, but he barked in a menacing manor at a dog there.

Bad Dog No Biscuit, as Kirmy says.

A bit of a different perspective: I had wine daily for breakfast at one point in my life.
Of course - this was while touring Italy. Europeans have totally different mindset as concerns wine and alcoholic beverages in general.

Okay, photo she sent me:
View attachment 350
Ha! They are just chilling. Looks like they may have had a sip or two themselves LOL
The tan one looks just like a Pomeranian we had back in the day. Only a little darker.
And 3 cheers for hardwood. We had to rip the carpet up here because my little chihuahua kept soiling it. She's gotten better - but still finds the need to leave a puddle every once in a while. It's not so bad on hardwood.

J.

Latest posts

Back