accountability thread

Charris

Now an angel
Can I start one to get some feedback on why I continue to gain and loose the same 8 lbs? 2 months no loss. I no not to be obsessed by the scale but I am truly concerned something is wrong. I didn't almost die to stay a weight where my diabetes could come back any day.

sausage egg bowl plus 2 slices extra cheese 25grams protein,
turkey cheese melt 21 grams protein,
protein shake 25 grams protein,
2 cheese sausages plus 1 extra cheese and 1 slice bread 22 grams protein,
1 Dunkin donut 4 grams protein,
So far 48 ounces water
97 grams
THE donut is not the usual.

Ok thanks I have to work on the carbs
150 carbs and 116 fat. What are the numbers for fat and carbs that we should shoot to stay under? So basically its kind of an Atkins type thing.

There's your problem,woman! ^^^^^ A LOT of us have to stay under 50gms of carbs to lose the weight. You, being a revision, will probably have to also. More water, a LOT more, and LESS carbs.

Last edited:
If you're going to eat carbs like that, then there's no sense explaining it to you. Hello?

There is no magic number for fat. You don't want to stay UNDER any number for fat. MORE fat is better, unless your poop gets too loose. Restrict the CARBS. Big time.

Yea I see that now. I truly didn't realize I was eating that much carbs. The, one donut was almost 50carbs. Besides the donut I thought I had eaten decent.

Ill try again tomorrow and make my own food fresh because it appears to have way more carbs if you buy the pre made frozen version. My sausage and eggs had 20 more carbs than if I made it fresh? That's crazy

Leave off the bread. Make your own food. Pay more attention to your labels.

I didn't have to do super low carb to lose the weight, and not even in the first several years of maintenance. Nowadays it takes more effort to keep the weight off, and I'm not always willing to be that abstemious with the carbs. Hence several pounds of regain.

Well im glad I took the time to write stuff down. I thought gee im doing so good getting in over 90 grams of protein not realizing that I had been eating the world in carbs. With my burgers and stuff I never get bread but I thought oh a turkey sandwich with 280 that is so healthy for me. I don't even like turkey but got it cause I thought it was better than my usual hamburger patty extra cheese and bacon with lettuce and tomatoes.

So hard to think that the bunless cheeseburger is the health food and the turkey sandwich is the junk! Everyone gives me side eye when I tell them bacon is my health food now :cheeky-smiley-022: But I just laugh while the weight melts off!

You're not on a diet anymore - you had the DS and you need to start learning to eat for the DS. If I had an option of a turkey sandwich vs a cheeseburger for me it's a no brainer - the burger is gonna win every time. Part of the process is understanding and learning how to eat for your surgery.

Also more water - 48 ounces isn't nearly enough.

You're not on a diet anymore - you had the DS and you need to start learning to eat for the DS. If I had an option of a turkey sandwich vs a cheeseburger for me it's a no brainer - the burger is gonna win every time. Part of the process is understanding and learning how to eat for your surgery.

Also more water - 48 ounces isn't nearly enough.

What she said :) I'm very glad to see you posting what you're eating, nothing to be shy about and it's the best way people can help you 'tweak'. Good for you for being open to comments, suggestions, that's the attitude needed to go the distance with this.

You are a revision and if I remember correctly, aren't you an itty bitty thing, not quite 5'? So you have both those as challenges in your process.

Load up on proteins of all kinds, enjoy all the fat you want, no need to count unless your poops get looser, runnier. If I don't eat enough fat, I get constipated. It's a change from eating more fiber like I used to before my DS revision. I probably eat cheeseburgerss 4-5x a week, and I love meatballs and meatloaf. Sometimes I make my own, but I also buy the prepared meatloafs that most grocery delis have, Trader Joes, and always keep bags of frozen meatballs. 50g carb is a good baseline for you to use. Change the way you're eating for always needing a bread vehicle. One slice of Udi's Gluten Free or ezekiel, or a low carb tortilla is fine once a day - make other choices for the rest. If you like creamy decadent sauces, eat alfredo and enjoy every bite on chicken, shrimp, whatever, just skip the noodles, you'll be amazed at how much you won't miss it. Cook with as much butter as you like, and it's my favorite thing to use when I re-heat leftover chicken, meats to re-add some flavor.

Deli rollups are a great grab n' go too, pick your meat and cheese, dip in mayo, delish. Lightly breaded chicken tenders or not breaded at all also great, eat them any way, fried, baked, spicy buffalo style and go for the bleu cheese dip too, all you want.

Hey Charris! I use MyFitnessPal to track the carbs, fat & protein. Totally eyeopening & keeps me accountable. I also like the reports I can run to see charts showing me how many days I am above & below my goals for the carbs, fat & protein. I've been making a super-focused effort to keep carbs under (or close to) 50 since mid-Dec. It is HARD! I had been making a super-yummy greek yogurt "smoothie" b-fast (1c. kirkland grk yogurt, 1/2 c. water, 1/4 c. blueberries, truvia) had like 20 carbs :( MFP opened my eyes on that!
Another thing I've started doing ( I dont like to cook) is getting frozen seasoned fish (my fav is the pesto basil tilapia from Costco) and cooking it in the microwave with a tablespoon of coconut oil. that way its low carb, high protein & high fat.. and DELICIOUS! And of course, you cant go wrong with a nice fatty piece of steak!

Oh!! and for bread - I make the almost-paleo "bread"..or fatty-bread, or as i call it "cavelady bread":
4 or 5 pasture raised eggs (depending on the size, if they’re huge, use 4, if small, use 5)
1 1/2 cups of organic almond butter
1 1/2 tablespoons of organic lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda (which turns it from paleo to paleo-ish).
Bake at 350 for 30-60 minutes, depending on oven

I mix in cinnamon and or pumpkin spice to give it some flavor. All protein & fat, and very little carbs.

Well im glad I took the time to write stuff down. I thought gee im doing so good getting in over 90 grams of protein not realizing that I had been eating the world in carbs. With my burgers and stuff I never get bread but I thought oh a turkey sandwich with 280 that is so healthy for me. I don't even like turkey but got it cause I thought it was better than my usual hamburger patty extra cheese and bacon with lettuce and tomatoes.

I hear you on the carbs - the bastards are really sneaky. and the "standard American diet" is SO high in carbs, gah.

Latest posts

Back