4 days post op

LynneV

I had my surgery on Tuesday, came home on Thursday, and here it is Saturday.
Apparently it all went normally except for the scar tissue. My doctor said it was from my gallbladder scar down to my pelvis. It added an extra half an hour to the surgery. As a result besides the usual 5 holes I have stitches from my belly button down
I had had scar tissue taken out about eight years ago when it was causing me quite a bit of pain. I have noticed lately, within the last month or so, that my bowel movements were not the same and I wonder if it had anything to do with it

I've been fortunate in not having any gas pains I was quite surprised and pleased. I don't know if it's because he cut me open instead of small holes down low and the gas escaped but I am one happy person

I have to say the clear liquid diet for an additional week is kind of tough to get through. There is nothing good to "eat" in that diet.

Welcome home. Now sip, walk, rest, repeat.

The lack of gas pains is almost 100% due to having an open versus lap procedure. I've had both, lap was the only one where I had gas pains.

It's interesting, I had 9 holes (which I was told about before surgery). I wonder if that is because Dr S used a robot?

I had amazing gas pains when they opened me up from my gallbladder.
That's about a 5 inch incision

Dr K told me over and over that I would have three at the top and two at the bottom

Latest posts

Back