2 Weeks Postop Update

Uh, my surgeon - and I specifically asked him - told me that nothing was off limits but to "eat close to the dirt," in other words, eat whole foods, not processed. He said to be cautious, of course, that my body would let me know if it wasn't ready or didn't like it...yes, thank you eggs, got the message! He did say to stay away from artificial sweeteners of every kind. No problem with that since everything is so damn overly sweet, I rarely need to add anything, if I do it's raw honey. (Dr. Keshishian is all about beekeeping)

I started carefully adding things in after my 3rd week. The shakes and yoghurt were giving me awful diarrhea. I was having trouble keeping hydrated from it. Tuna with mayo, chicken wings, watermelon cubes, and some lunch meats were my first successes. Cucumber was hurtful. :( I didn't try bacon and char shui pork loin until week 5 - all good. Burger King bacon cheeseburger - bunless - at week 6. Fried deli chicken thigh at week 6 - no bueno! That was an awful painful night, and I didn't eat hardly any skin!

Edited to add: oh coffee! I miss my morning coffee...I've tried it a couple times and I'm in the bathroom a bit more often. I think it's getting better though - I had a Breve at Starbucks yesterday and only had one bathroom run.

Last edited:
@Elizabeth N. do you think the no bacon and red meat is a RNY thing that they just push to DS. When I asked her she said it was "for all surgery types". I will probably wait on the coffee. I want it to be a good experience when I do have it.....if it agrees with me.

@Taterweight ......Ok....the yogurt and diarrhea. OMG. I'm starting to think I'm not normal!!!! My first couple of BMs were loose....since then....I go about once a day and it's formed and doesn't smell like everyone says it's supposed to! I've been eating yogurt every day for breakfast for the last 7 days or so.

Latest posts

Back