What's in your refrigerator?

I make either brisket or pork shoulder into BBQ ( pulled meat) every week, so there's always a couple pounds in the fridge. It's a quick meal with cole slaw or sweet potato fries or both. I also bake up a quiche once a week because that is good for breakfast, lunch and it's goood hot or cold. I don't like the texture of meat that's been frozen, so I pick up meat at the butcher the day I cook it. I have babybel cheeses, olive tapenade, jarred bruschetta, and hummus around for snacks. I wrap them in baby butter lettuce like roll ups. I also have prosciutto, three or four good cheeses, and French or Irish butter on hand at all times. When we're short on time, my husband and I do breakfast for dinner often. I always have frozen spinach and baby brocoli buds in the freezer along with extra bagged, shredded cheese. (Quiche fodder) I eat full fat yogurt a lot. So I always have some on hand. I keep Demi glacé and chicken stock in the fridge, too. I make sauce a lot. I like the bags of pre cut peeled potatoes and the rice bags you can microwave in 3 minutes.

Oh boy, let's see.... At least 4 different kinds of cheese, plus some good hot pimento cheese, lots of celery, a couple different kinds of salami, a prosciutto and mozzarella pinwheel, mini omelettes I make in muffin tins for breakfast for the week, broccoli, hydroponic lettuces, chicken wings and a pork roast to be cooked or frozen this week, chicken cutlets marinating to go on the grill for lunches this week, half & half, HWC, coffee mate, crystal light and a shit ton of condiments!

Latest posts

Back