What's in your refrigerator?

Razbry

Maybe this is topic for those who are further along after surgery. Maybe not! I am constantly trying to find the thing I want to eat. I try to follow my instincts. As a result I have a refrigerator full of food, which I eventually freeze or move on to my mother (she loves it). Right now I have pork tenderloin, mac & cheese, spinach souffle, lamb, turkey, roasted brussel sprouts, baked beans (with bacon), hard boiled eggs, pickled eggs, green beans, cheese, lettuce, cashew milk, cantaloupe, pineapple, bananas and mangoes. I won't even tell you about my stash of nuts and candy (I can eat pretty much anything). So what about you? Or is it just me with a problem?:eatingchocolate:

Bacon, smoked sausage, pork chops, ribeye, beef roast, hamburger, chicken thighs, ham, and jimmy dean sausage. And I still have problems deciding what I actually want :(

Eggs, four kinds of cheese, a lot of yogurt, a couple kinds of sausage, bacon x3, pastrami, deli roast beef, a couple pounds of poached chicken breast getting ready to go to a cooking demo tomorrow (BLECH LOW FAT), a variety of raw veggies, umpteen different dressings and seasonings, a couple pears, a couple pounds of butter, milk for Mr. EN, HWC for me.....I dunno, probably some other pickles and stuff I'm forgetting.

Eggs, 4 kinds of cheese (several more types in freezer), sausage, bacon, left over ham and potato casserole, 2 zip lock backs of ham left over from Easter. Chicken Almandine (without the almonds and without the crackers), several pounds of butter both regular and grass fed (for my coffee), dh's regular milk, my raw milk, HWC (running low on this), boiled peanuts, rack of ribs, some apples left from this fall, some onions. Yogurt...lots of yogurt. And the assorted typical condiments, etc.

AND nothing sounds good right now.

Two hams (small and sliced) ribeye, NY strip steak, sautéed mushrooms in lots of butter, chicken enchilada casserole, Fage 4% Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, 3 lbs of butter, HWC, cheddar cheese, Keerygold Cheddar, Flagship cheese, cheese sticks, cream cheese, sliced corned beef, eggs, 2 lbs bacon. Starving, but nothing is calling me either.... :(.....well except the hidden stash of Almond Roca in my dresser! Baahhh!!!!

I'm coming over to all your houses... FYI. LOL. In my fridge right now, that I can eat? Milk, yogurt, a couple of types of fruit for smoothies, soup, bottled water. That's all my stuff, anyway. Hubby has much yummier things he's eating, the lucky b@$(#@!. LOL.

Eggs, string cheese, other cheeses, a ribeye steak, leftover shrimp-asparagus-risotto, sliced roast beef from the deli, lots of yogurts, applesauce, chicken boobs and miscellaneous stuff for the rosemary-walnut crusted chicken tomorrow, ingredients for the steak sandwich on ciabatta for Saturday, a frozen thingy of pulled pork, candy (don't tell @kirmy), differents kinds of chips, strawberries, oranges, sliced ham, LOTS of frozen leftover Costco chicken parts for soup, and, of course, bacon.

I can't even. I have a whole minifridge that is half condiments. I buy them and mostly don't use them. I have all kinds of leftovers from last Friday's Seder, including a huge container of the best matzoh ball chicken soup. There is still charoset, chopped calves' liver and eggs, and some raw veggies. I have raw eggs, bacon, sausage, cheeses, several jars of pickled herring (excellent protein snack), creamers, pickles, mayo, yoghurts, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, juices, precooked carnitas from Costco, and we just had Chinese food - there are a lot of leftovers of that too.

I made a big batch of beef and barley soup today from the leftover prime rib on Easter. I also braised a brisket for lunches. There are two leftover cupcakes, one is coconut one is carrot cake (two bites missing from each:D), many cheeses, a few types of salami, many condiments, butter and a lovely truffle sauce, eggs, whole milk for my cappuccino's and skim milk for my hubby. Three types of salsas, cowboy caviar, a leftover artichoke, cauliflower, zucchini, ginger root, daikon (still haven't done anything with it), bottled water, iced tea, and Clamato. I need to shop! I want to make some lemon fat bombs so, I need to pick up some unsalted butter.

Last edited:
I'm getting some great ideas! By they way, I live in Northern IL....I watched as the funnel passed by my home and hit tiny little Fairdale last night. Less than 10 miles away...one of the most frightening things I've ever seen.

@Razbry I am so glad you're ok. I watched that on the news. I live in Oklahoma, so I am very familiar with tornadoes. Stay safe.

This food thread is really helping me with ideas as well, for after my surgery. Thank you. :)

Of course...those of us (DS and RnY people in general according to my former uro) who are prone to producing calcium oxalate kidney stones need to know this (stolen from Cleveland Clinic):

Your doctor has ordered a diet to help you decrease the chances of forming calcium oxalate kidney stones. Oxalate is a compound that is naturally present in many foods. The following six factors increase the risk of forming calcium oxalate stones.

1. The amount of oxalate in certain foods.
Although many foods contain oxalate, only nine foods are known to increase oxalate in the urine and kidney stone formation. They are: beets, spinach, rhubarb, strawberries, nuts, chocolate, tea, wheat bran, and all dry beans (fresh, canned, or cooked), excluding lima and green beans. It is best to avoid these foods.

2. The amount of calcium in your diet.
Low amounts of calcium in your diet will increase your chances of forming calcium oxalate kidney stones. You need calcium in your diet to bind oxalate in the intestines. This helps reduce the amount of oxalate being absorbed by your body, so stones are less likely to form. Consuming a moderate amount of calcium every day (2 to 3 servings) from dairy foods or other calcium-rich foods is recommended. If you take a calcium supplement, calcium citrate is the preferred form.

3. The vitamin C content of your diet.
Oxalate is an end product of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) metabolism. Large doses of Vitamin C may increase the amount of oxalate in your urine, increasing the risk of kidney stone formation. If you are taking a supplement, do not take more than 500 mg of Vitamin C daily.

4. The amount of fluids in your diet.
It is very important to drink plenty of liquids. Your goal should be 10-12 glasses a day. At least 5-6 glasses should be water. You may also want to consider drinking lemonade. Research suggests that lemonade may be helpful in reducing the risk of calcium oxalate stone formation.

5. The amount of protein in your diet.
Eating large amounts of protein may increase the risk of kidney stone formation. Your daily protein needs can usually be met with 2-3 servings a day, or 4 to 6 ounces.

6. The amount of sodium in your diet.
Reduce the amount of sodium in your diet to 2-3 grams per day. Limit eating processed foods such as hot dogs, deli meats, sausage, canned products, dry soup mixes, sauerkraut, pickles, and various convenience mixes.

Use the Food Guide Pyramid to plan a well-balanced diet. Carbohydrates, proteins, and fats are necessary for the proper functioning, maintenance, and repair of your body. In addition to these major nutrients, the body requires water, minerals, and vitamins for good health.

~<~<~<~<~>~<~<~<

Let us not even get near what the GI doctor recommends, for almost everyone:
https://stanfordhealthcare.org/cont...nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf

And then, of course, there's the Interstitial Cystitis Diet:
http://www.orthoelmiron.com/living-with-ic/ic-diet

~<>|~<>|~>>

HAPPY MEAL PLANNING!!!

:mess:

Today I have Eggs, 6 kinds of Cheese (Triple Cream Brie, Havarti, Jack, String, White Cheddar, feta) Creme Fresh, Half and Half, butter, Chicken breasts, Ground beef, Rotisserie Chicken (I will shred this for work), Kale, Spinach, Chard, Bell Peppers, Zucchini, and summer squash.

I put coconut oil in my morning shake-2 scoops of chocolate powder, coffee, and 2 Tbls coconut oil.

@southernlady - I could not let this one go by without asking a question- butter in coffee? I love both, but am still pre-op so won't be experimenting, but I am making notes for later - much later - but really, butter in coffee???
Yes, really butter in my coffee.

It's MY personal take on Bulletproof Coffee but unlike the recipe I just listed, I take about a tablespoon of local grass fed butter (I have a local source and prefer it over KerryGold) and put it in my coffee cup, then pour the coffee over it...add my splenda and HWC as well. Makes it nice an creamy. I don't use the coconut oil that many do cause even *I* can still taste a slight coconut flavor.

It helps keep me going...I seldom get constipated unless I miss a morning.

Latest posts

Back