What do you do for comfort now?

It's hard not to overthink some of this stuff. It's just so scary before you have this surgery and it's not afterwards. Trace, you will be fine, you will get into a new groove you have a husband who loves you and kids who will be so happy they have a mom with lots more engery.

Here is my tip of the day. At my DS group last week, the Psychologist said, everyone thinks they will be the one who the DS does not work for, but it works. I was like wow, I thought that. And I still think that since, I'm in the middle of my journey, but you know, get the surgery, it will work. That is what the stats say.

I actually feel really lucky some days I got a virgin DS. When I read about the people who have dealing with the RNY to DS or people who had a bad lap band, I'm like thank goodness, I was like one and done. But, even people working through those struggles get to a good place if they have a good doc and you do.

Breathe! You will be on the skinny side soon. :)
I hear you on the overthinking part. I am lucky in that I can pretty much block things like that of my mind most of the time. My lovely wife can't so unfortunately worrying about things is a curse for her. I wish I could help her with it but have learned that me telling her to relax and not worry doesn't help her.

These are such helpful responses. Yes, I DO feel like I'm going to fail at the DS! You guys nailed it. I have this looming fear that I am going to go through all of this and be in the exact same place next year. Faith and trust are really difficult concepts for me. :(

And thanks for letting me be so vulnerable here.
Perfectly natural to worry but you won't fail. You got this as the kids say. :D

Latest posts

Back