What did the DS cure for you?

catecholamine

Resident Nerd
The DS fixed something for me immediately that I did not expect. It will sound gross, but I had a real problem with yeast infections under my fat rolls and arms. It was awful. One especially on my, uh, lowest roll, right above my girlie area. It put off a lot of fluid which made the skin irritated. I put baby powder on there 4-5 times a day, showered every day, but still 2 small holes the size of a dime formed under that roll, always bleeding and quite painful. Finally it developed under both arms, so I went to the doc about it...yeast infection, he said. I was given flucanizole, I believe it was called. Helped for a few days but it always came back. Tried more of the med, up to 3 a week, gels, everything. It got so bad that I taped a maxi pad under my flab roll. It was GROSS and my embarrassing secret. It highlighted my fatness, because it was under a skin fold. I was super ashamed. It went on for about a year. The DS 100% cured it overnight. I think I was so susceptible to the infections because my blood sugar was high, running around 150, even with metformin. Now it runs around 85-95 unless I've just eaten, no metformin needed. I never expected it to cure the infections! Amazing stuff.
I'll be excited to see what my new a1c looks like in a month or two.

Hypertension, high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, and hydradenitis supperativa. Although I did have to have my left knee replaced due to bone-on-bone osteoarthritis, my right knee is much better and may not need replacing.

High cholesterol, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, borderline high blood sugars, some of the pain in my joints, PCOS

I haven't had the DS yet (waiting for insurance approval), but I hope to cure my sleep apnea, high cholesterol, knee/shin pain when exercising, and high blood pressure. :p

The DS fixed something for me immediately that I did not expect. It will sound gross, but I had a real problem with yeast infections under my fat rolls and arms. It was awful. One especially on my, uh, lowest roll, right above my girlie area. It put off a lot of fluid which made the skin irritated. I put baby powder on there 4-5 times a day, showered every day, but still 2 small holes the size of a dime formed under that roll, always bleeding and quite painful. Finally it developed under both arms, so I went to the doc about it...yeast infection, he said. I was given flucanizole, I believe it was called. Helped for a few days but it always came back. Tried more of the med, up to 3 a week, gels, everything. It got so bad that I taped a maxi pad under my flab roll. It was GROSS and my embarrassing secret. It highlighted my fatness, because it was under a skin fold. I was super ashamed. It went on for about a year. The DS 100% cured it overnight. I think I was so susceptible to the infections because my blood sugar was high, running around 150, even with metformin. Now it runs around 85-95 unless I've just eaten, no metformin needed. I never expected it to cure the infections! Amazing stuff.
I'll be excited to see what my new a1c looks like in a month or two.

shhhhhh. You may want to keep this to yourself. Remember these symptoms and hope that some of them return once you have lost your weight and have flaps of extra skin you want removed. I hear that doctor documented skin rashes are the ticket to having plastics funded by insurance.

Skin yeast infections are a symptom of T2D. Baby powder and maxi pads are not recommended treatments, and can actually make the infection worse. Opening the area to the sunlight or a strong light bulb and drying out the affected area is an old but very effective cure. If a powder is used, an anti-yeast or anti-fungal prescription powder is the only one that should be used.

My DS cured T2D (and all it's symptoms and skin problems), beginnings of heart symptoms, high BP, high cholesterol, hip clicking, knee joint issues, sleep apnea, mobility issues, and many other benefits I'm still learning, over 4 years post-op. My feet no longer swell, so I can stand up all day, and dance all night. I don't get headaches (unless I am forced to suffer stupid people with no escape) and I can get down on my knees and back up again without help or hurting myself. I can do the 17 steps in my house as many times a day as I want without injury. And most importantly, I will most likely live to see my grandchildren some day.

Latest posts

Back