1. Bookmarks current add on will be replaced when we upgrade. Please open your bookmarks and copy to a text document to save them. There is no replacement for the blogs. So please copy your blog entries into the Sharing My Journey board. The current add ons will be uninstalled 31 Dec 2018

Weaning off PPIs (article)

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Settledownnow, Aug 9, 2017.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

I ended up taking a Zantac about midway thru the day but that isn’t bad considering.

JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

not bad at all. :thumbsup:

me, too, but ranitidine which I guess is just the generic. I should start keeping track of how often I have to take one.

I'm kind of frustrated that my reflux seems kind of random. I know it gets worse with coffee and over-eating but other than that I can't predict it. a co-worker wanted to know if dairy made it worse and...not sure.

I'm waiting until I mostly don't have any and then will reduce omeprazole another 25%. hope it happens eventually.

Susan in Tennessee

Susan in Tennessee Well-Known Member

Do you have the head of your bed elevated? We put a brick under both of the “headboard legs” and it really helped me back when I was having reflux soon after surgery. Don’t plan to ever remove them.

JackieOnLine

I don't, no, but I have two pillows under my head. don't have any reflux at night, however. unless I am sleeping through it? :dontknow:

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Okay, can’t come off completely but am still down to half my original dose.

Settledownnow and JackieOnLine like this.
    JackieOnLine

we do what we can; it sure isn't easy with the stupid rebound acid. :angry4:

Settledownnow likes this.
    Settledownnow

Settledownnow Well-Known Member

Coffee and overeating are my culprits. Two cups of coffee are okay, the third cup in the afternoon always causes problems for me. Years ago a gastroenterologist told me it was the acid in coffee (and diet pop I used to drink) that were the biggest causes of acid reflux/heartburn.